• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Hello Everyone

MLTigger

I just recently found this site when doing a web search on Toyota's

I currently have a 1990 standard pickup since there is no forum for the old pickups I thought I'd post here.

My pickup has the 22R carb engine with the 4 speed manual no power steering 2/60 air conditioning, vinyl seats and vinyl floors. As basic as you can get which means nothing to go wrong. I just hit 173,000 miles and she runs like a top. I use Mobil One synthetic and change it every 3000 miles. I get around 23-31 MPG depending on how much city driving and if I keep her under 70 on the highway(She's only a 4 speed you know.) Living here in Indiana, rust is my biggest problem, but for a 16 year old truck, I have kept it at bay. No holes yet. I just keep cleaning the rust off and repainting that area. I'd like to hit 400 to 500K on the original engine just for bragging rights!!!

I have also owned
a 1987 Standard with 209,000 still running great until a lady decided to plow into it while it was parked. The insurance company totaled it and gave me a check for more then I bought it for. I would have rather they fix the truck. I loved that truck.

a 1992 5 speed standard I can't remember why I sold it.

a 1988 Toyota Japanese longbed, 5speed with the tow package
This was my first new vehicle purchase. I drove it for 2 years gave it to my Mom she drove it for 5 years and sold it to one of my friends who as far as I know still owns and drives it.

I'm trying to talk my Wife into a Tundra or 4 Runner Hmmm, Maybe even an FJ Cruiser next year.

Musher_Vic

Rust? That is the problem with these old trucks...My 1989 SR5 4x4 with the 3.0 V6 is running great at 169,000 but it has major body rot. I do not know what I am going to do when my Xterra is paid off in a few years. I could have the body work done then but it needs doors, bed, fenders, lol -- just about everything but the hood. I have not yet brought it to a body shop to get an extimate....

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Hello! Thanks for joining ... back in 2006 I guess. wow this thread came from out of the graveyard i think. :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

oh, I can see there was an update to the site that was being notified. good! :)

GearHead

100 Posts
Hello! Thanks for joining ... back in 2006 I guess. wow this thread came from out of the graveyard i think. :confused:

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

oh, I can see there was an update to the site that was being notified. good! :)
Yeah, I've been taking some threads out of the graveyard that seem to have a lot of views, as long as I can throw some fresh blood/ideas/etc into them. Helps the forum out.

Related Content You Might Like: