• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

head gaskets on 3.o

archeryshooter

I have a 94 truck with a 3.0 I had the head gaskets replaced in 99 recall it had about 100k on it. It now has 238k and I think it had one go yesterday.I am taking it apart today. Is there anything I should be looking for other than the headgaskets? Or is that normally the problem. I have never overheated it. Its been really good to me. Should I replace the head bolts to?
Thanks

seanlane

I have a 94 truck with a 3.0 I had the head gaskets replaced in 99 recall it had about 100k on it. It now has 238k and I think it had one go yesterday.I am taking it apart today. Is there anything I should be looking for other than the headgaskets? Or is that normally the problem. I have never overheated it. Its been really good to me. Should I replace the head bolts to?
Thanks
I am re-doing a Toyota 3.0 as well. It is my first time rebuilding a Toyota engine....however....I never reuse the head bolts. I know people who have reused headbolts in other applications....all have regretted the decision. It is my understanding that the bolts actually stretch slightly under high torque.
These engines are so much work....why take the chance?

seanlane

I checked with the machine shop. Apparently the gaskets are a problem with the 3.0.

The best way I know to ensure you are on the right track is to run a compression test. Adjacent low cylenders indicates a head gasket issue. You may find one plug, or two plugs show signs of steam cleaning, you may also find foam in the rad or water/antifreeze in the crankcase oil.

Related Content You Might Like: