• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Has Anyone Put A Supercharger On Their 1st Gen Toyota Sequoia?

Micahel P

I was looking online and saw Toyota did sell them at one time and was wondering if there is anyone who had one installed..

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What year is your sequoia? IT's got the 4.7 I assume but the hp created varied two or three times over the course of production.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So that makes it a 4-speed with a 240 hp 4.7 if my memory is correct, the 5-speed came out around 2005 and they bumped it to 285 hp, then dropped the hp down the next year to 273 hp.

I'm not 100% certain what the towing capacity is for 2002, but i think it's about 6500 lbs, I looked into those a couple of years ago actually and it's hard to find a good Sequoia first off, then to find one in good condition with the bigger engine post-2008 for low $ was impossible.

What supercharger are you looking at?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Not sure if this is exactly the right fit, but the Magnuson's TVS2300 Supercharger Kit is $2900+ and claims to give you an extra 120 hp AND 120 ft-lbs of torque at the tires.

Unleash the power hidden within your engine with Magnuson's TVS2300 Supercharger Kit and enjoy a new level of driving pleasure. Producing 6 psi of boost, this Hybrid Roots style supercharger provides power gains of around 120 hp and 120 ft-lbs of torque at the rear wheels. Well, improved horsepower and torque are not the only benefits that you get. 'Under the curve' power is considerably increased as well: you get an instant boost and torque-on-demand that will throw you back in your seat. When it comes to maximizing your vehicle's efficiency, the integrated bypass valve comes to light. Being vacuum operated, it allows air to bypass the supercharger and the rotors to free-spin under light engine loads. Taking less than one-third of horsepower to turn the rotors, the parasitic loss of the system is virtually eliminated. more details on - MagnaCharger® - TVS1900 Series Supercharger Kit (Toyota Tundra 01-03 Supercharger Kit Polished)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Is the same as the 4.7 in that generation tundra, so someone makes a supercharger for it.

Related Content You Might Like: