• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Ham Radio Test Time

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Anyone have their Ham Radio License???

I have been a CB and Scanner fan since way back in school. Over the past few years I even crossed into the FRS & GMRS Radios. The Amateur Radio side of things has always been a few steps beyond me.

Decided to give Ham Radio another shot.. Been studying for a couple weeks and now ready to take the Technician test. Problem is, all the testing sites are closed down for who knows how long. Oh well. I will keep studying and taking practice tests until I can sit for the next testing.

Will keep everyone posted on my newest venture.

Knic

Any update? Been looking at radios, I know nothing of them. But enjoy listening to scanners from time to time.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Update: YES - I passed my Technician exam and now a licensed radio operator. I only mess around on the 2m side for now. Very interesting and lots to learn.

So I was able to find a testing site 100 miles north of home base. Rode up there on Saturday May 30th, took and passed the test!! On Friday June 5th my license appeared in the FCC database. I am now KO4DZZ = Kilo - Oscar - 4 - Delta - Zulu - Zulu

Related Content You Might Like: