• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Getting the best quality brake pads for my toyota

HankMoody

My brake pads have started to wear down a bit and I'm looking at getting them replaced. Does anyone know if there is a better option than the standard stock Toyota Truck pads? I want my Tacoma to be as safe as possible and if I have to replace them I want to replace them with the best.

Ranger

I have always used oem toyota brakes for my vehicles and they havent failed me yet. You could also use EBC greenstuff pads which some people swear by.

tarheel

I am with Ranger. There are some brands that people swear by, but the standard manufacturer ones have always worked well for me as well. If it aint broke...

danstpierre

100 Posts
Standard Toyota truck pads will do. It lasts and you want have much problems about fittings, and other issues. Although you can try other brands, for the sake of trying.

jimmyno

If you have to change.. aftermarket bakepads is the way to go. Since Toyota's brake pads are not readily available in local shops.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
It is better if you will stick with OEM to ensure compatibility to your brake system because nothing can beats genuine or original spare parts to any vehicles. Brakes are a normal wear item for any car, Avoid letting your brakes get to the "metal-to-metal" point, which usually means accelerating expensive rotor or drum replacement.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
The OEM brakepads that come with most trucks these days should be good for at least 60,000 miles ... and in some cases upwards of 100,000 miles or more. They're just that good.

Related Content You Might Like: