• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Getting Sideways In My 09 Help!

Snakesout

Hi there hey I am new here just checking some stuff out. But I do have a burning question if someone knows the answer would be appreciative.

I have a 2009 green Tacoma double cab long bed, I have had a 2005 extended cab and a 2004 single cab, great trucks my 05 was a blast put a k&n intake on it and it was fun then I traded it in for the 09 the k&n fit right on to my new truck but there is ONE major set back on the 09 how in the hell do I disengage that limited slip that prevents me from getting sideways and doing doughnuts in the snow and mud cause that not getting sideways stuff sucks it sounds a beeping noise and puts the accelerator in a like abs mode starts chopping back won't let me accelerate can some one tell me how I can get back to having fun in my taco about makes me wish i had my 05 back???

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Sorry, this post got moderated and I just saw that today. "Moderated" means that the anti-spam software that we run was going haywire and turned this into a post that needs to be approved.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

You know, I've wondered that myself with the limited slip ... not sure if you can, it's all computerized though so there might be a way to program it.

GearHead

100 Posts
I'm not really sure if it's possible to do so without some major modifications. Does anyone have any more info on this? I've seen a few complaints along the same lines other places, but haven't ran into any decent answers.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hi there hey I am new here just checking some stuff out. But I do have a burning question if someone knows the answer would be appreciative.

I have a 2009 green Tacoma double cab long bed, I have had a 2005 extended cab and a 2004 single cab, great trucks my 05 was a blast put a k&n intake on it and it was fun then I traded it in for the 09 the k&n fit right on to my new truck but there is ONE major set back on the 09 how in the hell do I disengage that limited slip that prevents me from getting sideways and doing doughnuts in the snow and mud cause that not getting sideways stuff sucks it sounds a beeping noise and puts the accelerator in a like abs mode starts chopping back won't let me accelerate can some one tell me how I can get back to having fun in my taco about makes me wish i had my 05 back???

Hi! any updates, How did you get this figured out?

BPTaco

Is yours a 4X4?

If you press and hold the LSD button it will turn it completely off. The Tundra is like that, but dont know if the Taco is. Otherwise yank the fuse out of the ABS (I think).

LoveTaco

100 Posts
Is yours a 4X4?

If you press and hold the LSD button it will turn it completely off. The Tundra is like that, but dont know if the Taco is. Otherwise yank the fuse out of the ABS (I think).

great advice thanks... @Snakesout any update here thanks also..

Related Content You Might Like: