• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Fuel System Cleaner for Toyota Trucks - Worth It?

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
What's the rule of thumb for how and when to put in fuel system cleaner into your engine?

I see that some gas stations even now have "add it at the pump" where it will put in some fuel system cleaner into your tank.

Thoughts? Brands to use? how often?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I use RXP in my tank about once per month. It's supposed to clean up the carbon deposits in the engine so it will run better. I've noticed that on used trucks that I buy it will help the gas mileage maybe upwards of about 5% in some cases. Other than that, I don't put anything into the tank.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I've been using SeaFoam on my cars, trucks, and bikes for years to clean the injection/Carb systems and a little in the tank to clean out everything else.
The best fuel system maintenance you could do for your vehicle is to change the fuel filter, this is where most of the trash will come from.
Theres no miracle cleaner thats going to remove all the debris that gets built up in a fuel tank it ends up in the filter, additives will help loosen the varnish and get rid of any moisture content.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I've been using SeaFoam on my cars, trucks, and bikes for years to clean the injection/Carb systems and a little in the tank to clean out everything else.
The best fuel system maintenance you could do for your vehicle is to change the fuel filter, this is where most of the trash will come from.
Theres no miracle cleaner thats going to remove all the debris that gets built up in a fuel tank it ends up in the filter, additives will help loosen the varnish and get rid of any moisture content.

Great information tbplus10 maybe I would try it..

bluzcruzer

If your not having issues......then hardcore cleaners...like seafoam aren't really necessary. Once a yr....to clean out water from condensation..I use heat....its a mild cleaner too.

Related Content You Might Like: