• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Failed Compressor on Toyota Tacoma

TruckBoy

2005 Toyota Tacoma with failed A/C compressor. My AC compressor failed. I went to the dealer and they're charging me 2grand for it. I'm passed the warranty, by the way, and this really sucks. I really love this truck apart from the faulty compressor. But there's totally no way I'm paying that much for this. Is there a better deal out there?

Misprint

My AC Compressor failed at 26,000 miles. The people at the dealership said the parts alone costs over $1000. It's a very outrageous price, of you ask me, but I had it fixed anyway. It's really sad that my Tacoma's failing after just over 4 years. And yeah, the worst part is I love the truck too. It's too hard to part with it. 2005 Tacoma 4WD. It's just a sweet ride.

Misprint

Toyota Tacoma

I have a camry too, it is working just fine but i love the trucks from Toyota better especially when I go out camping.

Schnoodle

Same problem here with the compressor. And on top of that, I broke a spring too. my '06 Tacoma is dying. It's such a nice truck, reliable and powerful. but one thing I've also noticed with it is the rust. They say it's cause of the environment. With all the sand, sea-breeze, and the temperature's really kicking the corrosion in. But I own a 2000 Celica and it doesn't have the same ugly rust under it.

TruckBoy

A/C Compressor failed at 38000. I have a 2005 Tacoma. I haven't found a good deal on the A/C yet. And right now it's totally busted. So I solve my A/C by rolling all my windows down and drive at 50 kmph. And yeah, the rust is horrible on my truck, but I love it despite that. It is a very reliable truck.

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
Have you tried any local salvage yards? I'm sure you can find a wrecked tacoma somewhere. If not, try trdsparks.com. Its still a dealership but their prices are usually pretty decent.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Are you for sure the a/c is shot what I'm trying to say is the dealer will tell you that just to make some money there are many things that will cause the a/c to quit first off your clutch on the compressor could be bad if you can get to it start the truck turn the a/c on and where the belt goes on the compressor smack the end of the compressor where the belt is with a hammer or a block of wood you don't have to hit if real hard. Sometimes the gap between the clutch gets too far and it don't have enough power to over come the gap. If that works for you all you need is the clutch that's goes on the compressor. Second check all the fuses to make sure you have power going to the compressor and check the a/c switch in the dash cause it might say the a/c should be on but it aint . 3 take it some where besides the dealer and get them to check the gas in the system cause if you have a leak and all the gas is gone the lower pressure switch will trip and the compressor want run. Now if none of that works for ya and you covered all the bases check the local auto part stores to see if they carry a after market compressor or your local junk yard and as 5.7yotafan said try trdsparks.com and see what their price is on

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: