• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Exhaust Upgrade

Skelly71

Hey All. I have a 2012 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams and looking to upgrade to a performance exhaust. Best brand, any issues? Leaning towards a Borla Duel outlet.

Thanks

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Borla is a grate choice. Any muffler that has baffels inside will restrict flow, thus will not perform as well as a muffler with straight throw flow. If its just sound your looking for, then flowmaster makes a grate sounding muffler, but the will never perform as well as magnaflow, or Borla, or hell even old school glass packs. No that being said, a flowmaster will out perform a stock, OE muffler.

Skelly71

Certainly sound is important but performance without messing up the computer thus getting a bunch of codes I'd like to avoid as well. Borla seems to have a great sound but it seems, for some reason, doesn't fit on the Trail Teams edition. I'll look into other options. Thanks for the info.

jimka2

Am wanting to quiet the muffler on my 2020 Tacoma, as factory sound is a pain as for me it is annoying of sorts. Any ideas? Thank

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Am wanting to quiet the muffler on my 2020 Tacoma, as factory sound is a pain as for me it is annoying of sorts. Any ideas? Thank
And this is the original muffler? It should be quite all ready. Has your dealer looked at it? There may be an issue with your muffler. If all else fails, a custom muffler should be able to help you.

jimka2

Yes it is the original muffler. Miles no truck is 3500 Just do not like the rumble made my stock. Not interested in fast performance, just a quieter ride. Thanks

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Yes it is the original muffler. Miles no truck is 3500 Just do not like the rumble made my stock. Not interested in fast performance, just a quieter ride. Thanks
In that case, a custom muffler shop, should be able to help. Only issue is, changing the back pressure may effect the ECM, IDK. There is so much tech in the new vehicles these days.

jimka2

Thank you for a fast reply. Guess the factory muffler will stay. Second question how difficult will it be to lower my truck 3 inches. I have bought a kit for that, but am afraid to do the front end lowering. Any advise? Do not want a low ridder just a bit lower as it is difficult for me to enter and exit the cab

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
I have only lowered the rear of my truck to make it sit level. I do know that most kits have drop spindles for the front so, its a matter of removing the old spindles and replacing them with the ones from the kit. Then off to the alignment shop, but only after you drop the rear too.

Related Content You Might Like: