• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Everyone Loves A Build Thread Right?

chyrio

Picked up this 94 toyota sr5 for 400 bucks with a spun rod bearing and drove it home like that! fun fun ha ha sounded like a freight train going down the road. Then ran out of gas half way through ha ha
it was rear ended at some point. frame looks fine just the bumper and the bed caved in. going to try to find another off a donor truck when i can find one
and then there is this, new glass is on the way though. suppose i should thank the crappy tint for preserving the glass in place.
new sounds system a must.
but it looks like there are custom 8" sub boxes in the rear panels??
carpet was disgusting and smelled like natures butt crack
so my wife and i ripped it out and pressure washed the crap out of it and used some scotch carpet cleaner
and finally, as good as we could get it
also looked under the truck and these where a nice surprise
also cleaning the rest of the interior
got rid of this horrible thing
and commenced pulling the engine apart until i can head out and pull the donor 4runner 3vze
WHY SO MANY FREAKING VACUUM TUBES!!

chyrio

pulling the donor yesterday
ow
and after much work
I'm bringing the truck to mu buddies shop tomorrow to get the new engine in but first we are going to replace all the seals and gaskets on the donor while its out (it has a bad head gasket and 173k on it). probably change out the clutch as well. tricky part is we aren't going to pull the tranny on my truck like we did the 4runner so we are probably just going to drop the block in and build the heads up in the truck so we can get to the tranny bolts easier. also going to remove all the emissions BS to minimize the amount of FREAKING VACUUM TUBES (Alaska has no emissions). anyway will continue to update! if anyone has any tips or any other mods and stuff to do (within a tight budget) while the engine is out let me know! also can you delete the charcoal canister?

Last edited:

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Some updates are due.,,ambitious project! I don't know about eliminating those extra vacuum lines/hoses as each one serves a purpose.

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: