• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Entune - intermittent text message alerts

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Oh, it's that witch griping about Entune again :p LOL!

First things first, I am a licensed insurance agent, and I cringe anytime I see people texting and driving at the same time. Safety has to come first. The only time I'm concerned about incoming texts when I drive is when they have to do with any changes to any appointments I'm heading to. That being said, I do like the integrated text messaging functions in the Entune system, that provide on-screen and optional audio readouts of incoming texts. The ability to customize one-tap quick-reply messages (like, "I'm driving. Will call you back later.", or "I'm on my way.") are fantastic, too.

My issue is connectivity. After using the Bluetooth integrated features regularly over the past three weeks, I can say that the overall Entune initialization and system response time is quite slow. Toyota programmers have some work cut out for them here. There's no reason why a system running what are essentially mobile apps should be this slow. I have outdated tablets and ebook readers that run smoother than Entune. Aside from that, the text messaging system itself does not always work. I can hear the incoming text notifications over the car audio, but the majority of the time, the Entune system doesn't display any alerts about incoming texts at all. I've had several instances where I've tried to manually initialize the Entune on-board text messaging system, and it fails to connect. It is extremely intermittent and unreliable, IMHO. It certainly lacks the spit and polish that should come from a Toyota product/feature.

System-wise, I am driving a 2014 4Runner Trail Edition, with the latest firmware upgrade of Entune Premium Audio, 4G LTE T-Mobile connection, on a Samsung Galaxy S4, running Android 4.4 Kit Kat.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's good feedback, we do get people from Toyota who visit this site, so hopefully someone takes notes.

Related Content You Might Like: