• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Engine issues after timing belt failure.

damnhippe

I have and 02' Tundra with a 3.4 liter 6 cyc. MY water pumped locked up suddenly and melted the timing belt. My mechanic showed me where the belt jumped a couple teeth on the top right cam. It started squeeling at a red light by the time I got up to twenty the engine fought like hell and jumped around for about two seconds and stalled. The top right wheel was about 1/8 turn off. So now my 4 and 6 cyclinders are down. Mechanic said compression is fine. Spark plug works, and seems to be getting fuel. He says I need a new head. MY question is could they have screwed up the timing or do I really need to be looking at the head? Or does any one else have any sugeestions?

-Pat

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
I have and 02' Tundra with a 3.4 liter 6 cyc. MY water pumped locked up suddenly and melted the timing belt. My mechanic showed me where the belt jumped a couple teeth on the top right cam. It started squeeling at a red light by the time I got up to twenty the engine fought like hell and jumped around for about two seconds and stalled. The top right wheel was about 1/8 turn off. So now my 4 and 6 cyclinders are down. Mechanic said compression is fine. Spark plug works, and seems to be getting fuel. He says I need a new head. MY question is could they have screwed up the timing or do I really need to be looking at the head? Or does any one else have any sugeestions?

-Pat
I'm thinking the timming is still off

TruckBoy

It could be a issue with the timing, but you will only know for sure one you reset the timing belt again. Also it is very possible that the head got damaged during the timing belt failure, just try to have your timing re-set again and if it still does not work- well, that it would need a new head.

daisyjohn

Timing belt is a part of an internal combustion engine. It connects the crankshaft to the camshaft(s), which control the opening and closing of the engine's valves. In interference engines, a timing belt break could cause severe valve damage and damage to other engine parts.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Timing belt is a part of an internal combustion engine. It connects the crankshaft to the camshaft(s), which control the opening and closing of the engine's valves. In interference engines, a timing belt break could cause severe valve damage and damage to other engine parts.
Ladies and Gentlemen ... this is a spam post. :) Any questions?

Related Content You Might Like: