• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Emissions Alert And Other Cel Issues

kck98

Good morning. I have a 96 T100, ext cab, 4wd, 3.4L 6 cyl truck. I love this truck. Lately I've been having some engine issues. My CEL is on constantly and I have one of those things that plugs into the OBD port and monitors my driving for insurance discounts. With thag device I can also monitor basic engine diagnostics. When the light first came on it gave me a code that said my system was too lean. I would also have a hard time doing a warm restart. If I went into walmart for a half hour and came back out the truck would barely start and run horribly rough for a few minutes. But after sitting all night it starts great in the morning. Several threads I've read suggested changing the o2 sensors....I did. I also cleaned my mass airflow sensor. I changed spark plugs twice. I cleaned out the air filter box. I've sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner down the intake port for the IAC just inside the throttle body. Now I'm stuck and don't know what else to do. The light is still on, and it still runs rough on warm restarts. I have *not* changed the spark plug wires so that is next on my list and I might as well put the double ground plugs back in at the same time. Again, here is what I have done:
* new plugs
* new o2 sensors (replaced both)
* Cleaned the MAF
* cleaned the air filter box (had some leaves and acorns inside)

Also, my light tells me of an occasional misfire on cylinder 2 and on cylinder 6. Not sure what to do about that.

Finally, it says I have an Emissions Alert, and I don't know what to do about that, either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Matt in KC

Related Content You Might Like: