• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Electric cooling fans

suncomb1

I see many people purchase aftermarket fans and shrouds to help cool their motors better. I hate to see people spend good money on expensive electric fan units that do not move that much more air then the stock units. This is what I have learned about this subject: The Ford Taurus 2 speed fan moves more air than any single fan I have found available in the aftermarket, it is easily adapted to existing stock Toyota truck fan shrouds, and you can purchase one from a junked car or recycle yard for about $25.00. I have used them on my 750 HP street rod motor, my 450 HP custom car motor and my Toyota truck. What is really unique is that you can wire in the second fan speed to operate when your A/C comes on so you are always cool with max air flow across the A/C Condenser. You need to have basic automotive skills and some automotive electrical knowledge to install the unit but once it is installed you will be very pleased with the results. As far as durability goes, my fans have been installed and operating on my vehicles for more then 10 years.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Good tip Suncomb ive used Taurus fans on just about every project ive built.
Another useful aspect of a Taurus fan is you can set them up to be turned all the way off in cold weather situations or for water crossings when off roading by using a toggle switch.
Ive also seen the used with a rheostate switch for variable fan speeds.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
You two here have the same taste, but I like also the idea to go with the aftermarket one. Spending less but getting much more on fans and shrouds performance

Related Content You Might Like: