• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Do you buy tires at Walmart?

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Are the tires sold at Walmart the same you can get anywhere else? Is their service any good? I was thinking about purchasing my next set of tires at Walmart and I'm concerned that they sell a less-well-built version of the same tires (with the same names) that I can at other tire stores.

For example, I know that a lot of time a manufacturer will make product abc123. They will make a slightly different (cheaper) version for Walmart that is abc123-wm.

Last edited by a moderator:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Not only can you buy them there and they will install ... but you can also buy them online at a place like TireRack.com and other tire discounters ... have them shipped to you at a huge discount, and then WalMart will mount, balance and install them for a small per-tire price. You can save hundreds of dollars by doing this.

They will only do this with new tires, that's it.

DIY2013

I have bought tires at WalMart and not had any issues. Not sure how much they charged me to mount them, but they offer rotation of the tires every 6000 miles I believe. On another vehicle I have, I bought the 80000 mile tires and they were all season. Not had any issues with them.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
To Mount and balance the tire I think is like $7.50 per tire?

I've heard about people saving $250 on four tires through tire rack ... then getting them put on at Walmart for $30 total. Total savings is $220.

Buster

I have bought tires at Walmart multiple times. The only problem I run into is when they discontinue what you want to keep buying. I don't know if it is WalMart or if it is the tire companies who are making the tires.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I bought tires at Walmart for my son-in laws car a few years ago.
It was a great deal since the local Walmart offers free tire rotation and pressure checks. My son in law doesnt know one end of a wrench from the other.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
That's too funny. Sometimes it's handy to have a truck and skills with a wrench. Other ti mes not so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Hmmmmmmm, yea a truck or tools would be lost on this one.
He's actually afraid to go into my garage because "theres a lot of machines in there that could hurt someone".
Odd for someone that works as a laborer for Martin Cogs and Sprockets, then again without mechanical ability it may explain why after 3 years he's still a laborer doing crap jobs for $10 an hour when his father is one of their top formen in the area.

Bagman

I buy my tires from either Discount Tire Direct (online) or from their local store. Discount Tire will match any price you can find and their tech's are much better than any you'll find at the local Wallmart.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I have gone to discount tire for over 25 years. Ugh. I hate that I'm old enough to say that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I used Discount for tires on my wifes YJ Wrangler, they gave me a good deal and threw in a tire warranty after I bargained with them a bit.

Related Content You Might Like: