• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Do you buy local?

James

100 Posts
When purchasing new tires and other parts for your Toyota, do you buy from the local business man?

Or do you look for the lowest price?

I am really into doing business at the local garage. As long as the guy keeps his prices around what Wal-Mart offers, I will give him my business.

Cali4rnr

100 Posts
How can a small business owner possibly keep his prices as low as a mega-corporation like wal-mart? Really thought this one through genius.

James

100 Posts
Some local garages do offer low prices. You pay them cash and they don't pay taxes. They can definitely compete with Wal-Mart when they don't pay taxes.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Owning a small buisness myself I support my fellow buisnesses every chance I get.
There are times I pay more doing it this way, but many of those I deal with return the favor.
If your a repeat customer and build repoir with some places many times they will show their appreciation and give discounts.
One of my favorite places to do buisness gives me a terrific discount, and over the last year not only the owner but many of his extended family have come to my shop with buisness and opened a few new door for each of us.
Remember at many of these small buisnesses the barter system is still alive and well.

BR789

The nice thing about dealing with local businesses, especially smaller ones is that you will gain more quality customer service. For those of you from the older generations, this is a big plus and has been lost by so many bigger corporations. They have lost the touch of being personal with the customer and seeking out his needs. I am willing to pay more for better services.

James

100 Posts
The biggest reason to deal with local businesses is that many of them provide higher quality work. The owner of the business cares about giving you quality service. If you go into Wal-Mart, the buy doing the work isn't making a lot and is not as invested in doing the job right. He only has to do just a good enough job to keep his job.

The best service is when you deal directly with stake holders "local business men" and not middle men who often don't care that much about doing the best job.

Samtucky

100 Posts
I always buy local. I don't want my money going into the pockets of someone on Wall Street.

Plus locals provide higher quality of work. Individuals who run their own business often care, at least they have to since it affects their bottom line.

SharkRider

100 Posts
It is difficult to buy local in California. Everything is so expensive. I wish the taxes in California were lower.

Related Content You Might Like: