• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Death Valley trip November 22-25, anyone?

ucdzombie

I drive a 96 FZJ80 and need to go off-roading in Death Valley November 22-25. Anyone interested in joining me please PM or email me ASAP: [email protected]

Here's the plan. Please take a look at the backcountry road map provided by DV:
http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisi...%20Roads-2.pdf

Day 1:
We enter the park from north of Trona, CA. Via Escape Trail (not marked on map), we go across Slate Range. After entering Goler Cayon, we go over Panamint Range via Mengel Pass. Continuing on Warm Springs Canyon Road. Reach Furnace Creek by night fall. Attractions: Barker Ranch, Gold Hill Mine, Badwater (lowest point of USA), Devil's Golf Course.

Day 2:
Visit Borax museum at Furnace Creek, Artists Drive, Stovepipes Wells Village. Night stay at Mesquite Spring/ Scottys Castle.

Day 3:
Departure from Mesquite Spring, visit Ubehebe Crater, and Race Track (the weird moving rocks). If we can make it through Lippincott Pass, it'll be super fun, since this trail is famous and challenging.

Yoda2

I'm disappointed I wasn't on this forum when you posted this.

I would have loved to partake, it sounds like it could have been a lot of fun.

Did you end up going? I'd love to hear about it.

ucdzombie

Stuart

I'm disappointed as well. Would have loved to join you. How did the trip go, though? Did you have fun?

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Are you going to be doing any more trips at other times during the year? Maybe we could do a get together with our trucks or something.

ucdzombie

Hi all, yes I did went to DV. Earlier I tried so many times to post the trip report but the forum regulator just won't approve my post for some reason! I've taken a lot of pictures, ready to show you guys!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm disappointed I wasn't on this forum when you posted this.

I would have loved to partake, it sounds like it could have been a lot of fun.

Did you end up going? I'd love to hear about it.
Yeah it was heck of fun! But very scary for the first day because I went by myself and my cousin in one vehicle. And the trail wasn't even in the boundary of DV, it was in Panamint Valley. At one point the trail was completely gone. I carried a lot of equipments though, such as 2 spare tires, lots of fuel and water, and a satellite phone.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm disappointed as well. Would have loved to join you. How did the trip go, though? Did you have fun?
The trip was 3 day long and very adventurous. I wish I got to know you guys earlier. Next time I go to DV I'll let you guys know. I still need to drive through Goler and Mengel.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to be doing any more trips at other times during the year? Maybe we could do a get together with our trucks or something.
Yeah definitely! As I said, I still need to see Goler and Mengel pass. This time I took the difficult path trying to enter DV from Panamint Valley via Trona. I actually got to Fish Canyon and also found the trail leading to Goler. But I got scared at one point because there was just NO ONE there in Panamint Valley and I didn't want to accidentally enter the China Lake testing range and became live target. So I drove north to Ballarat instead and enter DV via paved roads.

- - - Updated - - -

OK try this link:

forum.ih8mud.com/ca-socal-80s/ 660596-death-valley-trip-report.html

get rid of the spaces.

Yoda2

That's awesome. I'm glad you responded. It sounds like you had a lot of fun, and it looks like it too - from the pictures.

They are some pretty neat pictures. I really love that old gas station pic. I do a lot of side jobs of demolition and tore down an old gas station a few years ago. I was able to keep the old pumps, and I sold them on craigslist for quite a pretty penny. Collectors love those things.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hi all, yes I did went to DV. Earlier I tried so many times to post the trip report but the forum regulator just won't approve my post for some reason! I've taken a lot of pictures, ready to show you guys!
What's going on with your posts and images? Send me a PM and we'll figure it out.

ucdzombie

Hi. Basically I pasted an outside link to the post (my trip report on ih8mud) and the system probably thought it was spam. But I think I've got it sorted out. If you can find my original posts please let me know. Thanks!

Related Content You Might Like: