• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Daytime running lights?

BeachBumGal

TTC Chicks
I am assuming that all the newer vehicles now run daytime running lights. Is this correct on the Toyota 4Runners and other Toyotas?

SUVFan

As far as I know, all the newer model vehicles have the daytime running lights automatically. A friend of mine has a 2009 Toyota vehicle and hers is on all the time. Not sure which year they started doing this, but I think it is a nice safety feature. There is nothing like driving and barely seeing a car because they have not turned on their headlights yet!:mad:

DIY2013

Studies began in the 1970s about the safety of using day time running lights. They found that there is a positive increase in safety when they are in use consistently.

Daytime running light regulations were first put into place in Scandinavia if I remember correctly. And they are very useful in Nordic countries where light is at a minimum as compared to America.

Canada place mandates for running lights in 1990 and the United States followed suit shortly thereafter.

BR789

On the studies, they are seeing more increased safety when dealing with trucks and SUVs. You would think since cars are smaller, they would be seen less. Head on collisions are of major concern and this is one of the factors considered when making daytime running lights mandatory.

Buster

I think daytime running lights are nice and glad to see them being put on all the newer models.

Related Content You Might Like: