• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

crank no start no known codes

hello new to the toyota world so bouncing around tryin to track down my issue .i recently became the owner of a 2000 tundra sr5 4.7, not running.it was gift from fatherinlaw. previous owner herd some kind of pop or noise unsure where from and her "mechanic" said she blew a piston. so when i got it i first tried to start it first time it started for a sec then died and would only turn over after that. the next day same thing start then die and nothing.my first geuss was not getting fuel so i pulled the filter and no gas with key on. fuses, relays and pump test fine. no power, i had to jump the c/opn relay for ground and then got power to the fuel pump relay and pump just fine only problem now is still wont start and run. i have checked for codes and nothing was there but the battery was pretty low on cca's but voltage was there after charging, still i replaced the battery so idont know if maybe they where lost before i got to it. i have also checked for spark and to see that the timming belt still turns when cranking . could it be just the ecu and that its not detecting its own issue?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Just a question, but why did the mechanic suspect a bad piston?
If Im remembering correctly the 4.7 is an interferance engine, meaning when the timing is off its possible to hit the pistons with a valve.
My first check might be compression in each cylinder, then a manual timing check to make sure things are where they should be when they should be.

im not sure how much he looked in to it im trying to get in contact with him . it doesnt sound abnormal when turning over at all . i do plan on doing a compression check soon .

the only thing im not understanding is why the ecu isnt getting a signal to the relay to turn fuel system on with no fault code . i would think with timing jump or single cylinder damage i would get atleast a misfire or something when i bypass relay for fuel . most ive found on having to do that is the ecu or wiring between ecu and relay. ive been able to verify connection going back from fues box to harness #26 in the driver side kick panel but from there to ecu i lose the wire behind the dash and the ecu side apears to have ground at all time on any yellow wires i thought might be right . not sure im getting the greatest connection while stretching across the floor board at the same time. tommorow im gonna spend another day at it so hopefully i will gain some ground.

alright i borrowed a friends compression tester and found cyl. 1/3/5/7 have good comp. about 150psi now the other side is where we have a problem cyl 2/4/8 have 0 and cyl. 6 had 30 psi after removing timing covers bad side timing mark was at 9 oclock and the other just of at about 1:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If the timing has jumped, as it appears so, the ecu wont allow the engine to fire by turning off some needed signals.
Im not positive fuel is one of them, but it might be.

Update it appears my engine missing something while taking timing covers and all other needed items to access timing belt I couldn't seem to locate the hydraulic tensioner all that's left is a broken bolt and rubber grommet no wonder the belts loose and timings off

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If your gonna use this block for a rebuild I recommend a real thorough checkout at a machine shop that can hot tank it, and look for cracks, especially in the lower end.

If your gonna use this block for a rebuild I recommend a real thorough checkout at a machine shop that can hot tank it, and look for cracks, especially in the lower end.
where the hyd. tensioner was missing i have one bolt completely gone as though it loosened up and the other looks as though it broke from removal or being over torqued.my guess is at the 90k belt change the bolt was broke and not fixed properly and after 45k it gave up. what size are the bolts i need to replace them ? im hoping i can extract the other bolt from the oil pump body

fxbrokersCego

Former Member
Если интересует, за сколько дней продаются билеты на поезд, важно знать, что в 2017 году фирма РЖД установила срок в 90 дней. Чтобы посмотреть расписание поезда в Крым, можно пользоваться официальным сайтом РЖД. Чтобы быть в курсе изменений в расписании и знать, почем сейчас билеты на важные направления, стоит подписаться на новостную рассылку нужной авиакомпании или вступить в ее официальную группу в крупной социальной сети, чтобы не пропустить оповещение. Это также сэкономит время на кассе - достаточно прочитать их оператору, вместо того, ржд сапсан официальный сайт купить чтобы искать в сумке оригинальные документы. В стоимость билета уже включена предоплата (обычно около 2000 рублей), которую Вы можете потратить во время поездки, заказывая еду и напитки в Сапсане. За задержку рейса больше, чем на 3 часа, Вы имеете право на компенсацию до 600 евро в соответствии с правилами ЕС 261. Правила говорят, что рейс должен быть задержан в аэропорту прибытия, чтобы можно было потребовать компенсацию. Правила ценообразования в данные купейные вагоны опубликованы на сайте РЖД в соответствующем разделе.

Related Content You Might Like: