• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Coffee Drinkers: What type of coffee do you drink?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So I grew up in Seattle and got hooked on Starbucks back in the early 90's. In fact I have a funny story about that which I will share sometime.

Anyhow, I moved to Texas and my brother moved to Florida (Navy) then ended up in Alaska for the last 5 years and somehow he got started drinking Dunkin Donuts (sp?) coffee and we met up at my folk's place in Phoenix earlier this year and he bought some of the DD kerig single-shots and I tried I couple and couldn't believe how good it tasted.

Anyhow, so my wife bought some DD Vanilla Roast coffee grounds the other day and I've been drinking the snot out of it and really have enjoyed it a ton.

What's everyone else's favorite coffee, and what's the story behind that?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I normally drink Starbucks since my daughters an assistant mgr and gets a couple lbs a month she doesnt use.
She uses a Kerig machine for her coffee and I buy her packs of K cups in return.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
I'm Canadian, eh? I grew up on Tim Horton's coffee ;) Still one of my favorites.

I've tried liking Starbucks regular coffee, but I just can't do it. It tastes burnt to me. I will, however, order their Cafe Americano (espresso diluted with hot water).

Day to day, I use my Keurig, and order my K-cups from Amazon. Right now, I'm hooked on Caza Trail Hazelnut and Green Mountain Dark Magic.

I take my coffee a step further, too. Some of you already know I'm a Paleo (caveman diet) eater ;) Essentially, I stay away from processed foods, and eat what's mostly a low-carb, wheat- and grain-free, and high-fat diet (yes, complete opposite of what conventional wisdom dictates). I've been doing that for four years, and I have normal cholesterol, normal blood sugar, low body fat, and tons of energy. Back to my coffee, as my metabolism is set on fat-burning mode, I make what's called Bulletproof Coffee:

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

I brew two large shots of my K-Cup coffee, and put it through the blender, with a heaping tablespoon of grass-fed, unsalted butter, and two big tablespoons of expeller-pressed coconut oil. The result? Hot, rich, creamy goodness. There's no fat separation at all. If I handed you a mug of this, you'd say thanks for the creamy, delicious latte ;) That gives me enough energy to get through my long morning until lunch.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm Canadian, eh? I grew up on Tim Horton's coffee ;) Still one of my favorites.

I've tried liking Starbucks regular coffee, but I just can't do it. It tastes burnt to me. I will, however, order their Cafe Americano (espresso diluted with hot water).

Day to day, I use my Keurig, and order my K-cups from Amazon. Right now, I'm hooked on Caza Trail Hazelnut and Green Mountain Dark Magic.

I take my coffee a step further, too. Some of you already know I'm a Paleo (caveman diet) eater ;) Essentially, I stay away from processed foods, and eat what's mostly a low-carb, wheat- and grain-free, and high-fat diet (yes, complete opposite of what conventional wisdom dictates). I've been doing that for four years, and I have normal cholesterol, normal blood sugar, low body fat, and tons of energy. Back to my coffee, as my metabolism is set on fat-burning mode, I make what's called Bulletproof Coffee:

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

I brew two large shots of my K-Cup coffee, and put it through the blender, with a heaping tablespoon of grass-fed, unsalted butter, and two big tablespoons of expeller-pressed coconut oil. The result? Hot, rich, creamy goodness. There's no fat separation at all. If I handed you a mug of this, you'd say thanks for the creamy, delicious latte ;) That gives me enough energy to get through my long morning until lunch.
Wow, that sounds great actually.

Yeah, Starbucks was one of the first to do a really robust french roast, that caramelized the bean (you said burnt) and gave it a unique flavor. I hate to say it but I think I want to look at getting a kerig this weekend as it's just too hard to figure out how much coffee to make when it's just me who's making it.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Do it! I'm on my second Keurig brewer, and have given them as wedding gifts.

And this was in my feed this morning. LOL!

Brad

100 Posts
Starbucks is the only coffee I'll drink. I don't really like coffee when it's just the one from the supermarket, but if someone was to tempt me with a cup of Starbucks, I'd drink it all day long.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
I grew up around The Second Cup coffee chain up in Canada, too. I love the vibe of their coffee shops. Very comfy and cozy.

Forgot to mention... one of my first jobs after immigrating to the US was a barista/day shift manager in a Cuban coffee shop/deli. LOL! I make a mean Cafe Con Leche ;)

Those who haven't had Cuban coffee before, it's typically enjoyed as a super strong, and very sweet espresso, called Bucci (single shot) or Colada (3 shots), sipped out of minuscule cups. That stuff is like jet fuel. The locals enjoy that with a piece of cheese toast (1/3 of a loaf of fresh Cuban bread, made with lard, slathered in margarine, pressed flat on a hot sandwich grill, with melted cheese in between). That's a typical breakfast around these parts in the Florida Keys.

CoastieN70

I grew up drinking "Diner Coffee" from DECO restaurants in Buffalo, NY and spent 30 years drinking Galley and Shop coffee in the Coast Guard so I am not a "Gourmet Coffee Guy."
I like Dunkin Donuts (and Tim Horton's when I get back to Buffalo) and I really like McDonalds coffee. I am not a fan of flavored coffees, frapicinos and the like. At home it's various brands of Columbian and when I visit the local bagel shop I like their Kenyan blend coffee...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I just got a Kureg for the house and got some of the Starbucks Carmel blend and also a box of the DONUT SHOP coffee, which I think is DD, is it not?

I'd love to see (or have someone send me) some Kureg shots of Tim Horton's coffee down here sometime, but maybe I'd better wait for colder weather for that to happen.

CoastieN70

I just got a Kureg for the house and got some of the Starbucks Carmel blend and also a box of the DONUT SHOP coffee, which I think is DD, is it not?

I'd love to see (or have someone send me) some Kureg shots of Tim Horton's coffee down here sometime, but maybe I'd better wait for colder weather for that to happen.
I don't know who's coffee Kureg is mimicking but Duncan Donuts sells their own brand of their coffee in K-cups under their own label...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. The 'coffee shop' coffee is kureg's knockoff coffee for sure. I was just in a dunkin donuts and saw their k-cups.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Yep, you have to go to an actual DD to buy their K-cups. Starbucks K-cups are sold everywhere.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
Looks like there are new varieties of Keurig machines out now... The VUE and something else... I'm sticking with the original, but damn... I saw a white original Keurig machine at Kohl's the other day. Very pretty. Too bad I already bought a black one.

Perackfez

Secondcup was always cheaper than most places, so I went there. Then a Starbucks opened near me a few years ago and I decided to give it a shot. The only thing I really like on there is the Triple Chocolate-Mocha combos they have going on. I use a Tassimo brewer at home though.

PaleoMama

Staff member
TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Community Leader
First week at my awesome new job. Loving it here!

One of my favorite perks?

The commercial grade Keurig in the staff room, already hooked into the water supply, with four dispensing sizes, and unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cider ;)

BTW, why does every K-cup maker have to use sucralose in their hot chocolate? Yuck!! Please let me know if you find a brand that doesn't have that nasty ingredient.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
We got some k-cups of hot chocolate for my kids. I'll see what's in them.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
We threw out the box that the hot chocolate came in. sorry it's all gone.

I'm just getting up now for the day. Yawn. Time for more donut shop coffee. Got an 80-count pack at Sam's.

Related Content You Might Like: