• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Classic Toyoda's, Toyopet's, Toyota's???

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Im taking a trip this afternoon to inspect 3 classic Toyotas and an unknown number of parts cars a gentleman has for sale in the hill country of Texas.
The three Im interested in are a 1950 Toyopet Stout truck, which is outfitted by a Toyota spin off company as a 4wd for the IJDF or Imperial Japaneese Defense Force, the conversion would make this rare truck extremely rare if its a factory conversion as they were only built for the IJDF and less than 100 were built.
The next vehicle is a 1936 Toyoda Standard sedan AA, again a rare vehicle since late in the war nearly every privately owned auto was scrapped for metal to produce weapons and ammo.
And the third one is a 1955 Toyopet Crown.
The owner is a retired Army General in his late 90's who was stationed in Japan during the 40's, 50’s, and 60's, he collected and shipped lots of Toyota's to the U.S. then collected more early models that had already been shipped here.
Ive made a working agreement for first offer on any or all of the collection and what I dont buy Ill catalog for a future auction.
Should be a few days of fun and learning.
Some days I love my part time job enough to quit my full time job!!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Started this thread almost two weeks ago and noticed I hadnt updated it.
I visited the gentlemans home and found the expected 3 restored classics and an additional 5 unrestored great condition vehicles, 52 rebuildable vehicles which about half are driveable, and 70 parts cars.
Unfortunately for me the gentleman didnt want to part out anything and it had to go as a package.
Which was priced slightly higher than I could afford right now.
So after a little back and forth discussion we struck a deal to liquidate the collection for him.
The 8 collectable cars are listed in an up coming auction with reserves set and have been transported to the auction wharehouse.
The best of the rebuilders, about 19, have also been listed and transported to the auction.
The remaining rebuilders are listed in classified ads after being cleaned up and verified for running order.
I had a crew classify and transport all the parts and parts cars. Some were totally stripped of useable parts if the shell was to damaged to be used, and the parts are now listed and being sold, some were listed as parts cars and are for sale.
At this point over half the inventory is sold and the owner has been paid in full so the rest goes to pay my expeenses and if the auctions go well build a little more working capital so we can bid on more larger collections.
At this time the economy is still in a position that many collectors are looking to cash out on the vehicles theyve been saving over the years. Sometime its because the owners are getting to old, sometime the expence or time needed is to much, and sometimes the owner has waited to long and spent to much and has to liwuidate.
The problem I face is almosy everyone of them wants to sell as a complete lot, which drives the price into an area thats to high for most smaller investors, new capitol should help improve that.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Sounds good. Let's get some pics of you get these to a point where you can show them.

Related Content You Might Like: