• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

China taking over cars, trucks and now viruses? Coronavirus Update.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just saw this come across my news feed. Pretty scary stuff. Just happens to be in the epicenter of the recent coronavirus outbreak. The feds popped this guy.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Turns out that the common cold is Coronavirus, so was SARS, and some others. They seemed to peak about 10,000 or less people infected and then the virus didn't spread as much. Some people are saying it's just overcrowding and poor health and sanitation that's causing this and I have to somewhat agree.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Nearly 500 have died from this virus already. Officially 25,000 people have been diagnosed.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Thre Chinese government left the people in their emergency area on their own. This shut off medical supplies and the death toll in that area is very high.

Chinese officials said Thursday that 563 people had died from the virus, up from nearly 500 people the day before, and that 28,018 cases had been confirmed. On Monday, the number of confirmed cases was put at 20,438, an increase of more than 35 percent in just a few days.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
This just came out. They'll be over 40,000 confirmed cases of this virus before too long with 1000 deaths confirmed.

One patient, admitted to a hospital in Wuhan, China, infected at least 10 health care workers and four other patients with the coronavirus that has sickened more than 34,000 people, killed 700 and reached two dozen other countries.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Coronavirus deaths in China top 1,000 as investors seek safety in gold, dollars.

nearly 43,000 confirmed cases now.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I'm not sure what a pandemic looks like, but IMHO this is beginning to look like one. Worst thing is that it seems that old folks--like ME--are the ones that fare the worst. Ugh.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Poor hygene, people cramped together breathing the same air. I don't recall, but I heard someone say that this type of virus hits asian people groups harder because of a specific gene common among asians makes it harder to fight it off. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but seems to be the case.

Then again, this could happen in India in the outskirts and we'd never know about the death of 1,000 people ... maybe even 10,000, they'd just push them into the Ganges river and be done with them. That's not a harsh-statement, that's what they do, I knew a guy who was in India and saw a dead body floating down the Ganges ... the police said he must have been bad in a former life and deserved it. harsh.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm not sure what a pandemic looks like, but IMHO this is beginning to look like one. Worst thing is that it seems that old folks--like ME--are the ones that fare the worst. Ugh.
I'm in my mid-40's (how did I get THIS old, lol) and I hear you. It has to do with cell repair and all that. Cell division and repair slows dramatically and just keeps going.

I'd recommend that you watch some of the videos by Jack Kruse on youtube. He's a NSFW MD neurosurgeon, but he said that you can slow some of this by keeping regular rythyms, getting up with the sun, limiting electric light at night, eating a paleo-type of diet, laying off things that are too synthetic, etc.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Doesn't sound like it's getting any better from what I heard on Friday.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
OK, so we're in our 70s. According to news reports, this coronavirus seems to affect older people much worse than younger folk. Anyway, we had a trip planned to fly to Portland, OR for a week, but I cancelled the whole thing yesterday. Maybe this will blow away, or maybe not. No sense tempting fate at our age.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I don't think we're out of the woods on this yet. Our esteemed leaders seem to have no clue what to do, and now the stock market has shat on itself. Not feeling good about this, but I do have some good masks.

We cancelled a planned trip to Portland, OR and are now discussing whether or not to cancel a planned cruise in September. We have no desire to get sick if we can avoid it.

The virus will simply "go away when it gets warmer". Really? And where's the scientific data to support this bit of wisdom? Sheesh!

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like China was able to shut down the coutry and keep people from mingling, basically by sheer force and brutality. Once people go back to work, who knows there. With people in Iran, that's a whole nother ball of wax. It's hard to get a good seal on your face when you have a beard, which is much more common in that part of the world. Plus, societies in which people greet each other with a kiss will also spread viruses much faster as well.

Related Content You Might Like: