• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Changing out a 99 Toyota T100 pickup engine in a 94 pickup?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If the 94 came with the V6 option yes, their both 3.0 engines and it's a bolt in job.
But truthfully if I were gonna swap engines I'd go with either the 2.4, 2.7 I 4's or the 3.4 V6, these are all bolt in optoins with minimal modifications required.
The 3.0 just isnt that good of an engine choice and has few performance mods that can be done on it.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
If the 94 came with the V6 option yes, their both 3.0 engines and it's a bolt in job.
But truthfully if I were gonna swap engines I'd go with either the 2.4, 2.7 I 4's or the 3.4 V6, these are all bolt in optoins with minimal modifications required.
The 3.0 just isnt that good of an engine choice and has few performance mods that can be done on it.
Thanks for the advice tbplus10! No, the 94 didn't come with the V6 option. :(

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If it's originally a I4 truck I'd stick with the I4 then unless you really feel a need to have 2 more cylinders, heck even if it was a v6 truck I'd be tempted to stick an I4 in, the Toyota I4 engines IMO are one of the best ever built, might not be huge on horsepower compared to bigger engines but for reliability and durability you wont find anything better.

jtanner

Is there a 1999 T100 model? I thought the last model is a 98? Goes to show how little I know about the T100.

Anyway, tbplus10 gave you a good advise. :)

john505

I have never seen anything on a 99 T-100. everything online i'v seen is from 1993 to 1998 for that model truck. the 1999 models front end was changed somewhat. More of a rounded off look and toyota started to make a bigger cab. The T-100 only came in a regular cab or extra cab.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Toyota didnt build T-100's for the 1999 model year, between September and December of 1998 T-100's imported to the U.S. were automatically licensed as 1999 models, while T-100's manufactured in the U.S. during that same period were licensed as 1998's.
All trucks sold after January 1999 retained their original license yr designation, the manufacturer wasnt allowed to change the model year for un-sold trucks since the model line was discontinued.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Nice info here thanks

Related Content You Might Like: