• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Catalytic Converter Thefts on Toyota Pickups

GearHead

100 Posts
In my area there seems to have been a slurry of night catalytic converter thefts on older Toyota trucks/Tacomas. Anyone else have this problem in their area and is there modification that can be made to make them harder to steal? I guess it could be welded to the exhaust line but this would make replacement very difficult and more expensive...

Last edited:

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
That's a spambot back on the site, IGNORE THEM.

I think this is a long-term trend now with the converters being stolen, seem to remember this happened a couple of years ago as well.

GearHead

100 Posts
That's a spambot back on the site, IGNORE THEM.

I think this is a long-term trend now with the converters being stolen, seem to remember this happened a couple of years ago as well.
Yeah, I guess it is easier to steal off of toyotas for some reason, or maybe they are more valuable? The stories I find about the thefts in the news never really go into detail about WHY toyotas are the target more than other vehicles.

antonino

100 Posts
Toyota is the brand thieves prefer, because people want to buy it. If you don't want anything stolen from your car, always part in a safe and well lighted place.

balihaisen

100 Posts
Aside from alarms, cars should have electric stunners. Anyone who tries to steal something from it, will be stunned right away.

Related Content You Might Like: