• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Can a Sequoia be a serious Off-Road SUV?

Huck Norris

This last weekend I test drove a new Sequoia and I was pleasantly surprised with it overall. It drove well, had a lot of power and it's really just about the size of a vehicle I need.

Now, I do like to do some light off roading from time to time, sometimes it can get to be moderate off-roading and I'll have to the lockers quite often.

So I'm wondering if any Sequoia owners use their rig for serious offroading? If so, what's the aftermarket community like for this vehicle? I mean, lockers, skid plates, sliders, roof racks, etc.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Many, not all, but many parts for the Tundra can be made to fit.
The Sequoia is a decent off the lot wheeler.
The biggest factors in a good off road truck are:
Ground clearance
Traction
Overhang frt and rr
and most importantly the driver
Drivers dont have to be extremely experienced, but they do need to be able to make good choices about where and where not to go and what path to place each tire on to get there.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think that with enough time and effort just about anything could be turned into a serious off-roader. One issue really is the weight though, that's the only thing that gives me even a second of pause.

The Tundra has a curb weight that ranges from 4,920 to 5,675 lbs, depending on the configuration. The Sequoia has a curb weight that ranges from 5,730 to 6,000 lbs, while sharing the same engine and hp rating as the Tundra. So depending on the overall setup, we're talking about 10% more weight for a similarly equipped 4WD version of each vehicle.

That being said, you will still have quite a bit of hp to keep that vehicle moving.

dirtydeeds

Gold Vendor
100 Posts
For rough dirt roads, slow technical mountain roads, sand, and mild desert running a pair of king coilovers up front. And King shocks in the rear would make the vehicle very comfortable. You would be more capable than most guys are willing to drive:)

ajaxgrac

Many, not all, but many parts for the Tundra can be made to fit.
The Sequoia is a decent off the lot wheeler.
The biggest factors in a good off road truck are:
Ground clearance
Traction
Overhang frt and rr
and most importantly the driver
Drivers dont have to be extremely experienced, but they do need t
This last weekend I test drove a new Sequoia and I was pleasantly surprised with it overall. It drove well, had a lot of power and it's really just about the size of a vehicle I need.

Now, I do like to do some light off roading from time to time, sometimes it can get to be moderate off-roading and I'll have to the lockers quite often.

So I'm wondering if any Sequoia owners use their rig for serious offroading?
I'd like to revisit this topic...if there any seqouia owners that drive offtoad for exploring, camping etc. please comment.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'd like to revisit this topic...if there any seqouia owners that drive offtoad for exploring, camping etc. please comment.
I think it's just a matter of degrees and accessories or updates. The question is of serious off-roading vs. casual off-roading.

Related Content You Might Like: