• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Branch Went Through My Truck

ghostcivic

PHTO0545.jpgPHTO0546.jpgPHTO0547.jpg

I was offroading and had a tree branch (over 2'' thick) go over the front wheel....threw the inner fender...over the exhaust header....under the floor...over the trans case and come out the other side. Somehow it missed every wire/linkage and anything else it could have damaged. But man, it was in there good! I had to drive a screwdriver threw it, tie a rope to that, the rope to a tree and back up to extract the tree from the truck! Sadly, on the way out it also remove the corner part of my bumper and didnt help the bondo that made up the fender either.

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yea branchs like that can be a pain.
But if all you got was losing the bumper cap and some bondo you got off easy, it couldve been much worse.

ghostcivic

Yea branchs like that can be a pain.
But if all you got was losing the bumper cap and some bondo you got off easy, it couldve been much worse.
what made that day even better was that my friend had is 2002 dodge ram 1500 4wd $8000 truck and tried to go on the same skidder trails as I was taking the toyota on. He only made it a few hundred feet in before his truck hit a rock hard and loosened some electrical connection that controlled the trans. So it was revving high before it would start moving. He made it back to the road fine and it wasnt a serious issue....but my old, beat up, worn down toyota that cost me $600 ran on the trails for a few hours with no issues.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
what made that day even better was that my friend had is 2002 dodge ram 1500 4wd $8000 truck and tried to go on the same skidder trails as I was taking the toyota on. He only made it a few hundred feet in before his truck hit a rock hard and loosened some electrical connection that controlled the trans. So it was revving high before it would start moving. He made it back to the road fine and it wasnt a serious issue....but my old, beat up, worn down toyota that cost me $600 ran on the trails for a few hours with no issues.

great to know your day were made even better, so what will be your next plan on your offroading area/place? How many days is the trail?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've heard the horror stories of the guys who have those things (branches or even metal poles) get into the cab and they get impaled by them. :-( Glad it stayed under the cab on you and looks like you did come off easy for sure.

ghostcivic

well in this case I was trail driving...so I wasnt going more than 2-3mph!
But I did have a 4x5 inch hole (patched now) just behind the front wheel....in back of where the clutch pedal is. So a stick could have come threw there pretty easy.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's a perfect brush or forest/path runner truck. Wish I had a truck like that to work on

Related Content You Might Like: