• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Big upgrade to Toyota Truck Club website

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just letting everyone know that we'll be getting a facelift. Updating the software, etc.

Also, anyone in the DFW area want to attend the State Fair of Texas with me? You'll get your own press pass good for admittance to the fair and free parking. I'll need some live blogging of the auto event, etc.

Just let me know. Cheers!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I might be able to go hang out at the Fair with ya again.
Let me know a date so I can do a little planning.
I'm working in Plano off GB and Jupiter now days so it might be easier to get there vice when I was working over in North Fort Worth.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I might be able to go hang out at the Fair with ya again.
Let me know a date so I can do a little planning.
I'm working in Plano off GB and Jupiter now days so it might be easier to get there vice when I was working over in North Fort Worth.
So the auto media event is the Thursday before the fair opens, its 8 am to 4 PM or so. Then I'll head back one other day. Not sure which one.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Looking forward to seeing what the software upgrade brings.....

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Working on it. New software costs $$ and hopefully will give a better experience on mobile. Faster. Easier to upload pics. Better and more logical layout for forums plus more non- Toyota topics.

Goal ultimately is to tie together into other sites. Might be a pipedream, people seem to go to the public Facebook groups these days.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So we're about to flip the switch on a new server later this week. I'll do it at night. We're also going to move the website folders so we're not in /forum/ for everything.

That's step 1 to upgrading the site. Then we'll update the software and work our list of issues after that.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
New Server
Copying everything over to the new server tonight. Files and databases. If it all works I'll flip the switch to the new server tonight, otherwise later this week.

Website Upgrade
This will be phase 2 of this project.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
SOFTWARE UPDATES GOING ON VERY SOON

This may break a lot of the formatting ... but I can fix the formatting later today.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I was planning on updating over lunch but that's not going to work. I'll do it this evening.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Are you, or can you put a delete tab in our media folders. I see that there is no way to remove old pics. Other than that, the sight looks fantastic.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Steve, I wont be able to meet you at the State Fair on the 26th.
Starting the 23rd my crew and I will be spending time in the Bahamas getting the 2 main hospitals up and running.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Steve, I wont be able to meet you at the State Fair on the 26th.
Starting the 23rd my crew and I will be spending time in the Bahamas getting the 2 main hospitals up and running.
No worries. Manufacturers have been cutting back on the state fair every year anyhow. Still have a pass that's good for parking and entrance for all inside the vehicle.

Related Content You Might Like: