• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best tires for the Toyota FJ Cruiser

DIY2013

What are you interested in? All season? Regular tires? Do you live in an area with a lot of snow or rain during the year?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've been back and forth on tire choices. I think I'm done with Goodyear Eagles anymore ... I tried stone coopers but they didn't seem to last all that long either.

Cali4rnr

100 Posts
I swear by BFGoodrich. I have the KM2s M/Ts, and the A/Ts, both in size 33/10.50R15. Have the LongTrails in 265/70R16. All are long wearing and quiet. The KM2s provide ridiculous traction off-road.

Cali4rnr

100 Posts
Yes. Just like all the other manufacturers. They are owned by Michelin. Usually against defects in material and mfg. Checkout their website.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
When did BFG get bought my Michelin?

I've read some on the Michelin family, they're French to the core and it's funny to see them squirm when someone brings up the fact that they were propped up by the Nazi's during WWII as they built their factories and expanded by being Nazi collaborators. Yeah, I know that's over 70 years ago now, but I'm a history buff and it's just interesting to see how the world got to the point that it is today.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I don't always rely upon Wikipedia, but they're a good start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodrich_Corporation

The Goodrich Corporation formerly the B.F. Goodrich Company, was an Americanaerospace manufacturing company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Founded in Akron, Ohio in 1870 as Goodrich, Tew & Co. by Dr. Benjamin Franklin Goodrich. The company name was changed to the "B.F. Goodrich Company" in 1880, to BFGoodrich in the 1980s, and to "Goodrich Corporation" in 2001.

The company grew to be one of the largest tire and rubber manufacturers in the world, helped in part by the 1986 merger with Uniroyal (formerly the United States Rubber Company). This product line was sold to Michelin in 1988, and the company merged with Rohr (1997), Coltec Industries, and TRW Aeronautical Systems (formerly Lucas Aerospace) in 2002. The sale of the specialty chemicals division and subsequent change to the current name completed the transformation. In 2006, company sales were $5.8 billion, of which 18%, 16% and 12% of total revenues were accounted for by the U.S. government, Airbus and Boeing, respectively.[2]
OK, so I'm confused by this article (and I'm hijacking this thread like crazy) ... but did Michelin buy Uniroyal ... "This product line was sold to Michelin in 1988." Then "the company merged with Rohr" in 1997. ???

Cali4rnr

100 Posts
Looks like BFG bought Uniroyal, which in turn was bought by Michelin. When I first started buying BFGs they were an American company. I just recently found out about them being bought by Michelin. Doesn't really bother me about their past. Many companies today had ties to the Nazis. Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen(most famously), Porsche, Messerschmit, Bayer. To name a few. I too am a student of history. Ppl today have no clue for the most part...

Related Content You Might Like: