• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best Gas-Saving Tip?

Colocutie

I like to coast down long stretches of an incline to save on gas. I also try not to drive anywhere at least two days a week. What are your strategies?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
keep your car well maintained, keep your tires inflated to the proper psi, try not to do jack rabbits starts, avoid rush hour traffic, and keep your speed down that's the number 1 reason that people lose mpg - speeding!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
anyone else have any tips they want to share? Anything that works for you?

toyotaman

I really watch the speed when im being cautious about the gas I use. I dont see how you can get by with not going anywhere a few days a week. We are so busy here that it seems like were always on the move.

balihaisen

100 Posts
Gas saving? If you really want to save on gas, drive a used Kia pride. It only have 110 cc I think. It is so fuel efficient.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Cruise control is the key. I find that even in city driving if I use it I end up with much improved mpg overall.

rayvanzant

With all the people with lead feet here on the highway,it's hard to not want to go past the 70 mph that I like to drive at. So besides saving gas it saves me from going to fast also.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Speed is the number one killer of high mpg. Every rpm that's over the lowest rpm that will keep your vehicle moving in your highest gear steals extra fuel ... typically that's your best mpg.

Related Content You Might Like: