• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Bed bugs... yuck

DunkinDog

So I am giving a warning to everyone out there to be very careful of thrift stores. A buddy of mine at work's wife was getting old sheets and stuff for the outdoor animals in the garage. She cares for stray cats and a few rabbits. Well, they left the bag of sheets in the house for a few days before setting them up in the garage. She had them sitting in the basement close to the sofa where his brother sleeps.

The sofa was infested with bed bugs and she looked over the sheets and seen signs of them. Be careful if you get anything used. I would put it in an air tight back outside for a good week or two. Specially if it is hot out. It has been 2 months and they still haven't gotten them all out the house.

TruckOn

Yuck! I am sorry for your friend. I heard that it is a nightmare when you get them in your house. I read that steaming everything helps but in most cases you need a pro to come get them out, which can take several weeks to a few months.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I work for a company that along with manufacturing medical equipment also rents some of those items to hospitals.
Here in Texas were required to treat all rental mattress surfaces with a product called Steri-Fab, it not only kills bed bugs but a host of other critters, probably one of the best products on the market for treating bug infestations.
It also kills fleas.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I work for a company that along with manufacturing medical equipment also rents some of those items to hospitals.
Here in Texas were required to treat all rental mattress surfaces with a product called Steri-Fab, it not only kills bed bugs but a host of other critters, probably one of the best products on the market for treating bug infestations.
It also kills fleas.
Is that otc? So much of the good stuff is dangerous for the public to handle.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Im not sure if its OTC, we buy it by the case from the mfgr.
Its a little pricey at $100 a gallon, but like I said itll kill many different pesky critters and bugs.
We werent required to certify for use or anything.
All Texas motels/Hotels/B&Bs are also supposed to use this between customers.
Why ya need some Steve?

Britanica

TTC Chicks
I heard that you need to find where they are nesting then get rid of that. The problem is, their eggs can fall anywhere. So if they are on a sofa, taking the sofa outside, you can drop eggs in your house. I had them once. I ended up moving out of the apartment. I had to throw out a bed, a couch, and a recliner along with the vacuum i used to clean everything. Was not taking any chances.

DunkinDog

I actually found out last year there were outbreaks all over the US of these bugs, pretty bad ones too. I am thankful I never had a problem in my home with them.

TruckOn

It also kills fleas.
I am going to keep this in mind. I am insanely freaked out by tiny bugs.

Related Content You Might Like: