• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Auto Transmission Problem ~ 2000 Toyota Tundra

Bilgra

Hi all I have a 2000 Tundra with 138 k mi. I was driving and suddenly the truck started losing speed but the engine rpm same or higher. I stopped and restarted and the truck started off fine then lost speed. Now the only way I can make it move is to turn it off, then on again and it will go a short distance and will just roll to a stop. I’m thinking I have a bad selenoid but don’t know which one to replace.
Is there an OBD test and code for individual selenoid. I can just see a 700 code now. Is there one selenoid that fits the behavior described?
Any info that will lead to a fix, is greatly appreciated. Billgra

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
You've got one of the first generation trucks and only 138,000 miles on it?

What engine & transmission combo do you have in your truck? Also, 2WD or 4WD? Here are the options:

Body style
2-door Regular cab
4-door Access cab
4-door Double cab

Engine
3.4 L 5VZ-FE V6
190 horsepower (2000-2004)

4.0 L 1GR-FE V6
236 horsepower (2005-2006)

4.7 L 2UZ-FE V8
245 horsepower (2000-2004)

Transmission
5-speed manual (2000-2004)
4-speed A340 automatic (2000-2004)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Does it downshift, can you tell what gear it's in and which gear does it get to? What speed do you get to before you start losing speed?

gene

Hi all I have a 2000 Tundra with 138 k mi. I was driving and suddenly the truck started losing speed but the engine rpm same or higher. I stopped and restarted and the truck started off fine then lost speed. Now the only way I can make it move is to turn it off, then on again and it will go a short distance and will just roll to a stop. I’m thinking I have a bad selenoid but don’t know which one to replace.
Is there an OBD test and code for individual selenoid. I can just see a 700 code now. Is there one selenoid that fits the behavior described?
Any info that will lead to a fix, is greatly appreciated. Billgra
Did you check your ATF level?

Related Content You Might Like: