• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Anyone have a Droid X? Review and comparison with iPhone 4.

meanToy

100 Posts
My phone is messed up, does anyone have a Droid X on Verizon? I like the Android platform but I'm not sure how well the Droid X works and if it's worth $120/month for the service and data plan.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
The droid x is a great phone, and verizon is a good carrier. You shouldn't have any issues, but you can check a map online to see if there is signal and coverage where you live. I have family that live out in the sticks and they get terrible reception on verizon, but great on AT&T and other systems, so check into it if you have any issues for your area.

meanToy

100 Posts
I wish there was a way to try it out before you buy it. There are some good videos on youtube I'm sure though.

Droid X Review Videos

Last edited by a moderator:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
This looks pretty cool, I'm thinking of getting one myself. Let me know if you get one.

bebtunes

100 Posts
i messed with an iphone and it was quite hard to interact with it, but yeah i heard the droid x is a great phone and verizon isn't to bad of a company

antonino

100 Posts
You should try iPhone 4. Or better yet, Samsung Galaxy III, the new star in mobile gadgets. Samsung is to gadgets, as Toyota is to trucks!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, I know people who have the droid and the iPhone 4 ... but I agree, I'd love to be able to get my hands on a new Samsung.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My wife has a new Samsung and I have a Droid X for work and a Droid 2 for personal use, I used to have an iPhone until my company changed carriers, I prefer the Droids.
To tell the tructh there isnt a lot of difference in the operation between the three phones, the Samsung has a bit larger screen but in an apples to apples comparison I dont see alot of difference, which is why I got her the Samsung, she's not real computer literate, only has a little experience with my Droids so the Samsung was easy for her to start using.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I've been thinking of moving up to one of the new Samsung Galaxy phones myself, I hear that they're the closest thing to an iPhone you can get - feature for feature that is.

antonino

100 Posts
Do they have GPS Apps on it? I think, what we need are phones that have GPS apps, for your truck.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Nice Thread, This interested me when I first read it I thought Droid X is a kind of truck, When I repeat to read it its a phone ;)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I actually ended up getting the Samsung Galaxy Note II and I'm on with AT&T with a shared 10GB data plan.

The good thing about the Note II is that the wifi is so strong and with the new Android software it stores all of the WiFi passwords so well that I get a WiFi connection just about 50% of the places that I go, so we're able to drop down off the 10GB data plan and we're actually thinking that we can get by with maybe just a 6 GB plan and that will save $40 per month! See, a good phone can save you a bunch of money in the long run.

I swear that with the Note II we can get extra range, sometimes I'm just driving down the road next to a Starbucks or an AT&T store and it will log in automatically while I'm just sitting in traffic. I've got it set to only download updates for the system and my apps and modules when I'm connected to WiFi, so that extra range helps me save some money.

I mean if we can save an extra $40 per month, that's $480 per year in savings and over a 2 year contract that's $960. Seems like a no brainer to get the better phone with the better WiFi connectivity. Not to mention that it's a much better phone. :)

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
samsung-galaxy-s3-home.jpg

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S3, I am loving the phone so much, but it uses MicroSim, I'm also with AT&T with a shared 6GB data plan..

I install many games on it like Temple Run 2 and Zombie Tsunami.. I play those game when waiting on the park..

What Games Do you play on your Phone?

TDave

100 Posts
This is a pretty old thread, but my first real "smart" phone was a droid X from Verizon, still have it, though it's dog slow. It's probably not a fair comparison to the iphone 4 because I think the iphone 4 came out about 6 months after the batch of those first droid models.

The quality was comparable to the iphone 4, but being a much older version of Android and Verizon's first flagship android phone led to a lot of issues for that first generation.

I still like the motorola phones. I have a Moto X at the moment. Not a big Verizon fan, but I'll suffer through the minor inconveniences knowing that I'll have a signal.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I'm back and forth on the concept of how the smartphone has taken over the world ... i mean, desktop PC sales are in the toilet and everyone is getting a laptop, notebook, notepad, ipad or a tablet ... not to mention all of the mobile phones out there. It's just crazy.

geezala

I like the microsoft (don't judge!) surface tablets that can be used as a tablet or a laptop.They can be pretty pricey, but so are Macs I guess.

Related Content You Might Like: