• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Any racers or racing fans on here?

SharkRider

100 Posts
Does anyone do any racing on here? I would love to do some drag racing since it seems like an amazing sport. How do I get into the sport? How much would a car run me? I would love to learn more about getting into racing.

suncomb1

Buy a used Camaro or Mustang with a high performance motor, four, five or six speed manual transmission and a positraction rear end. Check the rules out for which class you can run with the car your purchased. Have fun!!!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Buy a used Camaro or Mustang with a high performance motor, four, five or six speed manual transmission and a positraction rear end. Check the rules out for which class you can run with the car your purchased. Have fun!!!
Stay off the streets if you're anywhere around me.

I had a pretty hot 5.0 Mustang backin the day, it was an '82 Stang with an '89 long block that was bored 30 over and I had a hotter cam and some other goodies, but I was only ever able to reach the high 12's (let's just say that it would always run 13.25) on a 1/4 mile strip a few times, but it's an expensive hobby if that's your daily driver as well.

Had a buddy with a '74 Camaro that he had a solid 5.7 that was built to race, he turned low 12's and that's one of the fastest cars that you're ever going to find in that price range, think he got it from a guy going through a divorce and paid like $2500 for it about 15 years ago, so today that might be worth double, but still $5k to push you down the strip in that short of a time is just crazy.

suncomb1

I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS-VR (#21 of 25 built, 650 HP, Hurst, etc.) factory performance car. It is a real sleeper and I love to blow away Camaros, Mustangs and Shelbys on the highway (when it is safe to do it). I pull into the local Wawa for coffee in the morning and the local police look at the car and shake their heads then ask if they can borrow it for awhile; I just laugh.

tessy21

In racing whoever has the most money really wins. But if you want a light car then a mustang coupe would the best. It's light and you can build the crap out off of it. I had a mustang with a built 306 with blower and sneak a peek nitrous kit on it. I reach mid to low 7's in a 1/8 with it. It was fun while it lasted. We did more street racing though. But it's fun while it lasted.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's a good point, they keep trying to limit power to make engines the same in NASCAR and Indy car but some machines are just better than others.

BaxterThomas

I’ve been to a few dirt tracks in my day. That’s the only kind of racing I’m into. It’s no fun if you walk away from the race and you’re not totally dirty.

Related Content You Might Like: