• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Any Entune Radio Experts here? ~ Toyota Entune Satelite Radio Option

clr8ter

So I got a '14 Tacoma with the Entune radio. Which so far has not impressed me much. The XM reception is only so-so at best, which is because of the satellite system, I'm told. And I'm also told that nothing can be done to switch to the other satellites. Oh well.

More annoying is the weather channel thing. It takes more time than I think it should to download, )Does it come from the same statlites as XM radio?) nearly every time I start the truck, and fully 50% of the time, it doesn't even come up with the correct locality. Why? I can drive 3 miles across town, and the weather locality will change when I restart. I realize that you can theoretically go into the menu and change this, but that seems to have no effect. And I realize that the locality is supposed to change as you drive, but this thing is coming up with places that aren't really anywhere near where I am.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've never heard of these issues. Let me do some research tomorrow. Is that a new radio unit for 2014?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just going to state the obvious ... have you been to the Toyota entune support site? http://touch.toyota.com/entune/

I'll put in a call to the Toyota pr folks tomorrow to see if they can't put me in touch with their entune experts and we can get your questions answered.

clr8ter

Uhh, not sure if this radio is new for the '14. Might be. No, I haven't been to the Entune Website. Not sure what they would possibly have to say about reception, and besides, I asked the service guy at the dealer……..

Other than that, it's awesome! This is the 5th one I've had. They're all I've driven for around 15 years now.

Thanks for the replies…...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Some of the time when it comes to satellite reception (especially when it's iffy) ... the unit might have another to choose from. There might be a way to force it. ?? That's just a guess.

Plus the service tech can't be an expert on every aspect of the radio system. I mean if it's not working well because of where you live then it's not working well. Judy my $.02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just realized that you've had the same concerns for awhile. Just curious if you've had the truck outside that part of they country and if so how did it function?

clr8ter

No, I haven't. The furthest it's gone is Penn. But at that point, I didn't have XM. We went to CT last weekend, with the free trial week, not too much trouble...

Related Content You Might Like: