• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Antifreeze Usage Help

dmaguire

I've got a 94 Toyota, extended cab, 4 cylinder, 4x4 pickup, that I recently bought from the 2nd owner of the truck. When I purchased it the guy told me it "used" antifreeze. I took it to a trustworthy mechanic prior to the purchase and he could not detect any internal or external leaks. Every week or two, I'm adding about a quart of antifreeze to my truck. I've replaced the belts, cleaned the motor, he replaced the thermostat prior to my purchase and I've had the heads, gaskets and plugs checked but nothing.
Can someone help me whose had this same problem????:confused:

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
check the raditor hoses and the raditor itself. with the hoses you need the truck at normal operating temp

balihaisen

100 Posts
Well, you have checked almost everything. Most probably you just missed something. Before going to an authorized mechanic, ask some friends first. They might help. You should have provided pictures together with your post, maybe we can give our ideas too.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I'm confused. Are you saying you brought it to the mechanic and have it fixed so it would stop leaking, but yet it continued to leak? If so, then you might have to communicate further with the mechanic to find out what the problem is or find someone else to fix it.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
I agree with taking it to someone else and having them check it out. Who knows, maybe your guy missed something on accident. Hope you are able to find the problem.

Daniel

That is definitely not normal, unless you are only driving off road and really always trying to get all out of the engine. Have a professional take a look.

Related Content You Might Like: