• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Another Toyota Recall: Toyota to recall 3.4 million vehicles worldwide, air bags may not deploy in crashes

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow. Toyota said on Tuesday it will recall 3.4 million vehicles worldwide because of an electronic defect that can result in air bags not deploying in crashes.

The recall, which includes 2.9 million U.S. vehicles, covers 2011-2019 Corolla, 2011-2013 Matrix, 2012-2018 Avalon and 2013-2018 Avalon Hybrid vehicles and is tied to a report of one fatal crash.

ChiefTRDSport

Wow. Toyota said on Tuesday it will recall 3.4 million vehicles worldwide because of an electronic defect that can result in air bags not deploying in crashes.

The recall, which includes 2.9 million U.S. vehicles, covers 2011-2019 Corolla, 2011-2013 Matrix, 2012-2018 Avalon and 2013-2018 Avalon Hybrid vehicles and is tied to a report of one fatal crash.
I’m caught up in that with my 2018 Avalon Hybrid Limited. I’m also getting a strange chemical type smell when the heater comes on. I had all the HVAC stuff cleaned but it still comes back intermittently.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Seems like these suppliers are going to be the death of Toyota.
Yeah, I really wonder why Takata hasn't filed for bankruptcy.

And then all the rusty frames on Toyota trucks made in North America. All because someone at Toyota didn't bother to spec the frame finish properly--likely to have saved a buck or two per frame, but look at what has happened. Who watches this stuff anyway?

ChiefTRDSport

Yeah, I really wonder why Takata hasn't filed for bankruptcy.

And then all the rusty frames on Toyota trucks made in North America. All because someone at Toyota didn't bother to spec the frame finish properly--likely to have saved a buck or two per frame, but look at what has happened. Who watches this stuff anyway?
A friend of mine who has a Silverado says he’s part
Of a suit against GM because they are screwing all GM owners who had air bag issues. Apparently while Subaru, Toyota, etc. fixed theirs on recall, GM’s lawyers want Takata to provide serial numbers and the vehicles they went into, but Takata did go bankrupt and was taken over by someone else. All I know is, GM is sticking it to people. He got a letter stating how the airbag can cause injuries, etc., and the next paragraph says it’s safe to drive. I have no issues with my frame on Tacoma yet.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
A friend of mine who has a Silverado says he’s part of a suit against GM because they are screwing all GM owners who had air bag issues. Apparently while Subaru, Toyota, etc. fixed theirs on recall, GM’s lawyers want Takata to provide serial numbers and the vehicles they went into, but Takata did go bankrupt and was taken over by someone else. All I know is, GM is sticking it to people. He got a letter stating how the airbag can cause injuries, etc., and the next paragraph says it’s safe to drive. I have no issues with my frame on Tacoma yet.
That figured, GM got reamed by the last group of recalls and they want to push the responsibility back on Takata. I think that's one reason that suppliers are more front and center for these types of things, they help to act as a buffer between themselves and the vehicle owner. Uncool, they tried to save a penny and it cost people their vision and more.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
A friend of mine who has a Silverado says he’s part
Of a suit against GM because they are screwing all GM owners who had air bag issues. Apparently while Subaru, Toyota, etc. fixed theirs on recall, GM’s lawyers want Takata to provide serial numbers and the vehicles they went into, but Takata did go bankrupt and was taken over by someone else. All I know is, GM is sticking it to people. He got a letter stating how the airbag can cause injuries, etc., and the next paragraph says it’s safe to drive. I have no issues with my frame on Tacoma yet.
Just makes me sick the garbage they put into airbags. Seriously, like people wouldn't find out?

Related Content You Might Like: