• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Aloha from Hawaii. Im a proud owner of a baby 2013 Toyota Tacoma. Need some help

taz

Aloha,

Just purchased my first Toyota Tacoma and loving it. Im looking at modifying it to meet my needs. Im currently in need to have the capability to lower and raise the height of the truck. Found out with my canoes mounted on top of the truck that I am sitting 3 inches to high to fit under my parking structure. Was hoping if someone knows if it is possible to have some type of air suspension to be able to lower the truck approx 3" while parking in my parking structure, and then raising it back up to normal height when I leave my parking structure for normal driving. Also lowering the truck while parking will make it a little bit easier for me to transfer from my wheelchair to the trucks seat and back.

- Is there an air suspension or kit that maybe can address my needs?
- How much would it effect the drivability (suspension) of the truck?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
Taz

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site, don't forget to upload a few photos!

What year is your Tacoma?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
As you probably already know your desires are a tall order.
Probably the best way to achieve what you want would be an air system, airbags and an onboard air system set up similiar to what the lowrider crowd uses with big dump valves.
Im not familiar with any off the shelf systems like that but you could probably start your search by looking at firestone airbags, nitrogen pneumatic systems, and on board compressors, I think all three will become integral parts of your suspension.

taz

As you probably already know your desires are a tall order.
Probably the best way to achieve what you want would be an air system, airbags and an onboard air system set up similiar to what the lowrider crowd uses with big dump valves.
Im not familiar with any off the shelf systems like that but you could probably start your search by looking at firestone airbags, nitrogen pneumatic systems, and on board compressors, I think all three will become integral parts of your suspension.
Thanks. I figured it would be something like that and probably going to run me around $3-$5K. I was hoping someone knew of a kit for the tacoma. If not, I will have to find someone who can do a custom build for me. I guess I will start making calls to see if anyone is willing to tackle this project.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I dont think youll have any problems finding a custom builder in your neck of the woods, err neck of the pineapple fields. Judging from the quality of custom cars Ive seen coming out of there for the last few years theres some talented builders around.
Probably the most expensive part will be parts costs, having everything shipped in and having to wait portions of the build for it will be hard.

taz

I dont think youll have any problems finding a custom builder in your neck of the woods, err neck of the pineapple fields. Judging from the quality of custom cars Ive seen coming out of there for the last few years theres some talented builders around.
Probably the most expensive part will be parts costs, having everything shipped in and having to wait portions of the build for it will be hard.
Yes, your correct. Shipping is about the same price as the parts. I dont know why but everyone wants to ship via FedEx or UPS which charge unbelievable prices. USPS is a lot cheaper, but not by much. I have someone who might be able to put a kit together since there are a couple of other Tacoma owners wanting to do the same thing to thier trucks. Both are in a wheelchair so I can understand why this mod is important. Once he can figure out what parts/pieces are needed, he wont have any problems having people wanting to do this mod... if the price isnt too expensive.

Someone asked what year my truck is. Its a 2013 Tacoma Prerunner Access Cab.

Mike

Related Content You Might Like: