• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Airbag code 31

Bluffrat

I’m coming from the Toyotanation forum in search for help. I have a srs code 31 which is a bad computer. I’m trying to figure out where this dang computer is at. My service manual says below the radio but all I see is the factory amp. I did take the right side kick panel off and found this. Is this what I need to replace? It’s a 1996 t100 auto 4x4 sr5. Thanks
BAB8CF95-4711-4DCD-974A-B46E0F106FA8.jpeg

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
What you have in the pic, is your engine control module. What your looking for it the body control module. IDK where your BCM is on you truck though.

Bluffrat

Lol sounds like I’m far off. Everyone is saying under the radio but I pulled it all out and don’t see any yellow connections anywhere

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Im kind of going through the same thing with my sons Tacoma we bought this weekend. The air bag light is on. Frickin air bags everywhere. Then the bench seat is bad ( broken springs) and He wants a set of bucket seats. So tonight I walk across the street. The neighbor has a Sienna, and a Corolla. Looks like the Corolla would fit good with some custom brackets. Thing is, IDK if I can just plug in the seat side air bags and be OK with that. Worse case, the air bag light will just stay on. They do make some simulators that you can plug into the wiring that will act like an air bag, giving the BCM the signal its looking for. These things are also helpful in finding where the issue is. If the air bag light goes out after plugging in the simulator into the connector, then you know that air bag, or it wiring is the issue.

Related Content You Might Like: