• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Air Intake Snorkel - Ever Had One?

suncomb1

I have never seen one connected like that. The purpose of a snorkel is to prevent water from going into the carb or FI air intake when fording semi-deep streams, swamps, and used by mud boggers when going through deep mud pits. The Snorkel interconnecting hoses are usually connected directly to the top of the carb or to the FI throttle body. Some times a sealed air box is installed when running multi carbs or multi throttle body injectors. In that type of installation the Snokel hoses go to the air box.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
well, I'm asking the questions for a reason. I'm not certain how many of these different types of snow closings est. I actually never owned a vehicle with one, and very rarely living in Texas what I have to opportunity.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
yeah, however it seems like a couple of times per year when I go camping or so uh some type of schmuck here's usually rgets stuck inthe water and for floods out his engine.

toyoj

I'm actually from South Texas and there's Jeeps that have the Volant System. As far as performance there is quite a a slight change, but honestly you get the same HP that a FIPK system from K&N gives you. Common, no not really. Not many like the Volant design on their vehicles your most likely always going to see them only on Jeeps and FJ's but it's your personal decision when it comes to that.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have never seen one connected like that. The purpose of a snorkel is to prevent water from going into the carb or FI air intake when fording semi-deep streams, swamps, and used by mud boggers when going through deep mud pits. The Snorkel interconnecting hoses are usually connected directly to the top of the carb or to the FI throttle body. Some times a sealed air box is installed when running multi carbs or multi throttle body injectors. In that type of installation the Snokel hoses go to the air box.

Very great information, now I have the idea about the use of a snorkel...

Related Content You Might Like: