• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

adding oil after flushing ac system

divergary

1988 toyota pickup sr5 4 cyl. How much oil should be added after flushing the condenser, evaporator and changing the receiver/dryer?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I don't know how much is the capacity but do not put extra oil in the system. The total amount of oil added should NOT exceed the total system capacity an extra oil could destroy the AC system..

divergary

thanks, I found all the information in my shop manual after re-reading it again. My manual states when changing the evaporator to add 1.7 oz, condenser-1.7 oz and receiver 0.7 oz for a total of 4.1 oz. Denso stated the compressor is pre-charged with 2 oz of oil giving my system a total of 6.1 oz. At this point I plan to add the additional oil into the evaporator. The oil can then flow back to the compressor and be recirculated thru the system. I wanted to avoid adding to receiver as it may be absorbed by the desiccant and not allow a good evacuation.
thanks
gary

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
great that's cool you have figure it out already.. glad to know you have shop manual... by the way Welcome to the site... :)

What City are you in?

divergary

Katy, Texas. I purchase shop manuals for all my vehicles as I do most repairs myself. I do not own all the shop manuals for my 2007 Tacoma as there are at least 5 manuals to cover what used to be in one. I purchased three only at this time.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Is this a new-to-you vehicle that you're doing the maintenance on? I don't know that I've ever done that much work on the A/C unit, but here in NW we don't get as hot and muggy as you get in Katy. You probably run the A/C 9 months of the year down there just to use it as a de-humidifier if nothing else.

Related Content You Might Like: