• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

A Picture of the Truck I Want

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I'm only dreaming right now because I don't have money to buy a new truck right now. If this one was in the latest model (2013) I'd buy that, but this 2012 one is quite nice-looking. I never considered blue before until I saw this. What does everyone else think? Do you like the color of your truck or do you wish you had a different tone?

2012-toyota-tacoma.jpg

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
What was that, the earlier discussed 2012 Concept truck? I think that was shelved do to the natural disaster in Japan actually.

GregH

The color of that blue in the first thread of the photo is quite nice. It almost looks like aqua to me. It would be nice if some more recent models were put out in that color.

Lester

I'm only dreaming right now because I don't have money to buy a new truck right now. If this one was in the latest model (2013) I'd buy that, but this 2012 one is quite nice-looking. I never considered blue before until I saw this. What does everyone else think? Do you like the color of your truck or do you wish you had a different tone?

View attachment 846
That blue is quite beautiful. I'd probably get it dirty fast though. However, it wouldn't be so bad with a weekly car wash.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What color would you even call that anyhow? It's almost a sky blue, but it's too "smooth" for that, a little bit richer color.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That color was an $1100 special order option offered on Toyota trucks in 93/94, it's medium blue with Pearl overcoat and gets darker as the light source fades, it goes almost black at night.
It looks much better in person than pictures.
I owned a 94 Toyota truck in that color, got lots of comments on the color change at different times of the day. The one thing I didnt like about the paint was when it got a 2"x2" rock chip from a lawn mower, I couldnt get any repair estimate under $3800. With that paint system you cant just blend in the pearl, the paint has to be taken to the base coat of blue, fix the damaged area then apply the pearl coat, if it isnt applied as a full 1 piece coat it wont look correct.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
yeah, I guess it's the pearl that throws it all off. I love a good pearl paint job, but you get to where you need a touch-up and you have to redeux the whole thing!

tarheel

gets darker as the light source fades, it goes almost black at night.
Ok, that is a pretty cool feature, but still, during the day way to light for my taste.

Also, I am with Muddy, I tend to avoid the nice paint jobs. Not just because of what he said, but I got a truck to use it as a truck. It didn't stay pristine for long.

For me, nice paint jobs are for cars, my truck is like that beat up but comfortable work boots I wear when I have real work to do. I save the dress shoes for the right occasion (wow, that analogy got away from me)

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Oh I agree with you, when I bought mine I saw the color, happend to be at the lot when the sun was going down so I saw the color change right before my eyes, fell in love with it right then and special ordered it that night.
Later after it got damaged and I couldnt find anyone willing to touch it up or even paint repaint the whole truck I realized my mistake. As much as I love the color I've never made that mistake again.

antonino

100 Posts
I think, the color of the truck is not hat important as we all have different preferences when it comes to color. The main question is, what's the difference of this truck to the trucks of yesteryears?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts

View attachment 846

Awesome I like the also the color...

Related Content You Might Like: