• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

'97 T100 shudders/misses on transition from coasting to power; highway situation

Green Man

I've got a '97 T100 that has started displaying a noticeable "shudder" or miss at the point when I reapply the throttle to go up a hill on the highway after a long coast.

I'm in the hills of Western North Carolina and use the truck for work. Otherwise, it seems to be running great. I suspected a fuel issue so I dumped in some Techron® and then changed out the fuel filter (what a messy job!) the next week. That didn't help.

I have the V-6 if that makes any difference.

I'm getting towards the end of my work season with the truck, It only has about 193,000 miles so I'd like to keep it healthy for much longer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Green Man
Weaverville, NC

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Check the pluges and plug wires your plug wires could be breaking down causeing the miss. One trick to find out if its the wires at night start the truck and look under the hood and get someone to rev the motor and you should see some arking with that comes from the wire insulation breaking down and arking out. But it might not be that. Try looking at the distributer cap cause I don't think you have coil packs. Clean your mass air flow sensor. Or you can try sea foaming it which with that take a vacum hose loose and suck the sea foam throught the hose now don't get worried cause its going to smoke and raise hell but that will clean the injectors and many other things. Try what I listed above and if that don't work I will do some more digging for you

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I've got a '97 T100 that has started displaying a noticeable "shudder" or miss at the point when I reapply the throttle to go up a hill on the highway after a long coast.

I'm in the hills of Western North Carolina and use the truck for work. Otherwise, it seems to be running great. I suspected a fuel issue so I dumped in some Techron® and then changed out the fuel filter (what a messy job!) the next week. That didn't help.

I have the V-6 if that makes any difference.

I'm getting towards the end of my work season with the truck, It only has about 193,000 miles so I'd like to keep it healthy for much longer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Green Man
Weaverville, NC

Hi Green Man! any updates to your truck? Did you fix the issue so far?

Related Content You Might Like: