• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

'94 T-100 Air Intake Issues

aladeano

Hello all. Wondering if you could help me. A while back I replaced my OEM air intake system with an inexpensive universal cold air intake. BIG mistake. Poor fit, loud and rattly, comes apart while driving, and very poor quality (Dumb). To make matters worse, I recycled the old OEM system, so re-installing it is not an option (Dumber).

Here's my question: does anyone know of a good, cold air intake system that would fit my '94 3.0L or where I can get a complete OEM intake system????? As far as I can tell, it seems that there isn't much offered for 1993-1994 T-100's in the way of cold air intake systems. Could use a little direction. Thanks for your time.

aladeano

Another question along the same lines: will a cold air intake designed for a '95 thru '98 T-100 3.4L fit on my '94 3.0? Thanks again

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I believe the tube sizes are slightly different.
Due to the unpopular nature of your particular vehicle where aftermarket is concerned, I'd probably wander around Home Depot or Lowe's and start researching home brewed fixes.
Maybe some home made brackets to give it stability and sleeves on the tubes for a firmer fit.
I take it your already using hose clamps to join the individual tubing.

aladeano

Thanks for the reply.Too bad my year is unpopular. I hadn't thought about going to Home Depot, but I will give it a try within the next weekend or two. To answer your last question, I am using OEM hose clamps and also ones that came with the kit. I had to end up making some cuts and mods to the OEM tubing and join it to the metal tubing. However, it has been difficult to maintain a good fit.

The kit also didn't come with enough connections for all of the vacuum hoses. I had to get creative, but I may have just created more of a mess. I don't think it all works as efficiently as it should. Could you recommend a good, detailed repair manual that would help me get this figured out? Thanks again for the advice!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Chiltons manuals normally have good vacuum hose and emissions connections diagrams.
I believe if you look at a good diagram and give some though, along with wandering through a hardware store you can create your way out of this. Creativeness is the key when working on old vehicles that weren't popular.

aladeano

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I will let you know how it all turned out.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Many of the oem parts catalog websites will have diagrams these days as well.

Related Content You Might Like: