• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

81-82 blue white paint scheme

snowranger

blue white 1982.jpg

Help!
I have a great 1983 survivor. Trying to locate any 81's or 82's with the above paint scheme. Need accurate dimensions for stripe work.
After getting mechanical work done, getting it painted as close to possible as above.
Thanks for any help.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting that pic. I've not seen that color scheme since the 80s. Hopefully someone can help.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
A flash from the past! Almost as rare as the Mohave Edition which was a metallic light beige.

TN TRD Guy

View attachment 8975
Help!
I have a great 1983 survivor. Trying to locate any 81's or 82's with the above paint scheme. Need accurate dimensions for stripe work.
After getting mechanical work done, getting it painted as close to possible as above.
Thanks for any help.
hate to say it but you should look for a die cast version of this on ebay or even a matchbox version and then scale up.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
A good paint and body shop, can duplicate that paint job from the pic you have. A good tech can get it so close, that you couldnt tell by eye. Trick is to find a shop willing to give you the time it takes to do that kind of work, and that wont come cheap. Body work is IDK somewhere around $100 per hour, plus supplies, and paint. I dont think your going to get anybody to do it for any less than $5000 to $7500, maybe more. If you are willing to fork over than kind of money, then a good tech can repete the layout for that pic.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
A good paint and body shop, can duplicate that paint job from the pic you have. A good tech can get it so close, that you couldnt tell by eye. Trick is to find a shop willing to give you the time it takes to do that kind of work, and that wont come cheap. Body work is IDK somewhere around $100 per hour, plus supplies, and paint. I dont think your going to get anybody to do it for any less than $5000 to $7500, maybe more. If you are willing to fork over than kind of money, then a good tech can repete the layout for that pic.
You probably know, but colors in a photo are a different color set than in real life. So you have to adjust for that. I did a few searches online and can see this color pattern in photos but no painting instructions, etc.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
You probably know but colors in a photo are a different color set than in real life. I'll see what else I have later.
Oh yea, no doubt. Toyota likes to keep there info to there selfs. To get a direct match will be tough. I do know this though, I could lay out those same graphics and get them very close. So much so that unless you had another truck to compare it to, you would never be able to tell the difference. If I can do that, than I know others can too. As for color, any decent body shop will have a chart, that will get you close. Or any paint dealer will too. Check out house of kolors. They have a ton of colors to chose from. I have built many things through the years by looking at a pic of what someone wanted. Same thing for paint layout.

Related Content You Might Like: