• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

40+ Old Timers Thread

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
This thread is for us mature people. Young people get lost. Actually, you might get bored with us talking about Toyota's from the 1970s and 1980s.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I take great offense to being listed in a group called "Old Timers".

VERY offended. Well, maybe not that offended. :)

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Just think, that you age like fine wine.

On a more serious note, what is a good vehicle for the over 40 crowd?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I guess Im allowed in here since Ill turn 50 in 2014, oh wait you said mature people, thst might leave me out.
A good vehicle for the over 40 crowd? Thats easy a Harley dresser, or any classic vehicle that recreates your youth.

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
Ha, I am still young. I don't need to recreate my youth! However, my husband does have a Harley and I enjoy riding on it. We are planning to ride from Alabama to California.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My wife and I rode our old Street Glide from Atlanta GA. to Northern CA. and back in the late 90's.
A ride like that makes ya feel old.
My present bike, an 09 Nightrain, doesnt see trips longer than a couple hundred miles since its more a drag bike or bar hopper than a cruisr or touring bike.
Im presently waiting on delivery of a 2014 Street Glide Special, that should be much more comfortable for long rides, then the nightrain will be my commuter bike.

suncomb1

"OLD SCHOOL RULES" I really qualify for this thread (68) but most people think I am in my mid 50's (I guess I have good genes Ha! Ha!)

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
suncomb, 68 is young. Have you been up to any adventures? Do you have a motorcycle?

suncomb1

Hi BamaKaren. Went to Hawaii for a month and Walt Disney World for a month but no new adventures lately; I usually start new ones in the Spring. I used to have a custom Harley built by Jesse James but sold it when we downsized the living quarters; I could only keep so many toys Ha! Ha!

Related Content You Might Like: