• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2014 Rav4 air leak issue

MCJC

Hi all, We purchased our first Toyota vehicle about 3 months ago. It's a 2014 Rav4 limited. We have been having an issue when driving while there is a strong cross wind,20 mph or more. There is a significant air leak that blows in from the front door seals and air blows through the inside door handles and from the area along the dash where the door meets the dash. The air really howls thru there and in the winter it about froze our leg off. Dealership says they haven't heard of such a thing. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Not in a new vehicle. Drafty vehicles should be a thing of the past. Take it back to the dealer and take them for a drive on a windy day, if they can't (or won't ) do anything about it then go to another dealer and get a 2nd opinion.

I'll ask around a little bit, I have a meeting setup later this week with a large Toyota dealership's service director on another matter and I'll see what they have to say.

MCJC

Not in a new vehicle. Drafty vehicles should be a thing of the past. Take it back to the dealer and take them for a drive on a windy day, if they can't (or won't ) do anything about it then go to another dealer and get a 2nd opinion.

I'll ask around a little bit, I have a meeting setup later this week with a large Toyota dealership's service director on another matter and I'll see what they have to say.
I will be curious what he says. The service rep here said it was a design/engineering flaw and Toyota is aware of the problem but is not sure if they will have a recall. Depends on the number of complaints. I talked to another dealership about it and they said they weren't aware of the problem but haven't scheduled a service appointment yet as they are 100 miles away. I am a bit frustrated as I agree these issues should not be happening in a new vehicle. Thanks

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I agree with you 100% on the frustration level, but at least we're talking about something like an air leak, some other posts made have been about a whistle that you hear when going at freeway speed. Not exactly the same thing as a Town & Country minivan where the engine fails at 60k miles and it takes 10 weeks to get it back from the shop <cough> ... but I guess we all (rightfully so) hold Toyota to a higher standard.

Related Content You Might Like: