• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2014 Boating Season is almost here!

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
After a pretty cold winter for most of the country, this summer's boating season should be extra sweet! Who's got a boat and who plans on being on the water this summer?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ive got a Glastron 18.5 Runabout, unfortunately even though it was a cold winter here it wasnt a wet winter, my boating season is in real jepardy unless spring brings lots of rain.
Were still behind on rainfall from least year by around 5" and this years deficit is about 4" so far.
That equates to around 6' on lake levels.
I chewed up two props last year and came close to damaging a prop shaft with one of them, dont want a repeat this year since a prop rebuild runs around $165, and a shaft rebuild can run into the thousands.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. I've got a camping trip scheduled for May at Lake mineral Wells and the boating area is shut down due to lack of water ... And I guess it's seriously low at the level of being extremely low / extreme drought levels. Not good.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
One of the benefits of a pontoon boat is that you can navigate through more shallow water ... But only a little bit.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ive driven past Lake Mineral Wells plenty of times, never stopped.
Across the road is a small airpark with Vietnam era UH-1 Iroquois and some other A/C memoralizing Ft Wolters. Just west of the lake is where Ft Wolters used to be, in the mid 2000's we used to go out there and off-road on the old tank training course and survival courses.

James

100 Posts
Where is Lake Mineral Wells? toyotafan, are you going to do some off-road driving during your upcoming trip?

Related Content You Might Like: