• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2012 Tacoma Throttle Problem

Champion1422

Bought a 2012 and about 5 times aday the throttle pedal has about a 3-5 second delay when I push down on it. Have been to the dealer 6 times and they tell me its fine they cant find a problem with it. Whats the deal and what do I do now?

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Huh, on a new truck? How many miles on it? SHouldn't be happening, sounds like a fuel problem though, maybe change the fuel filter?

Darrin

For a 2012 Tacoma? Is it the same with the old models that has mechanical installments or does it go with computer analysis? When there are delayed throttle response from today's cars the usual problem is because of the drive by wire throttle installed on the cars. What happens is that there's a lag for them to understand what must be done with your action on the gas pedal. Whether they should go fast all of a sudden or not and other things like that. Do give us an update for us to be of more help to you.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Most newer vehicles are drive by wire and throttle response isnt the same as mechanical systems, some of them have built in delays.

jtanner

How's your truck? Have you already resolved the problem? I guess Darrin and tbplus10 are right about the delay being normal in new vehicles. Sucks, though.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Yeah it might need to change the fuel filter, but it is better to go to your respective dealership for diagnoses if it is in case a small and serious problem just claim it as warranty repair.

Related Content You Might Like: