• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2008 Toyota Highlander MPG

James

100 Posts
A buddy of mine says he is only getting 19 miles per gallon during highway driving and only 14 in town. Toyota reports gas mileage of 17 city and 23 highway. What can my friend do to increase the gas mileage of his 2008 Toyota Highlander MPG?

Miranda Kay

TTC Chicks
You could always add acetone, but I wouldn't recommend it. Having personally done this with an older truck, a Ram 1500 saw amazing results and seriously got about 5-6 mpg more, went from about 12 mpg at best to close to 20 sometimes. Didn't use it all the time and the truck already had a lot of miles on it, however within 6 months we did start noticing an oil leak. Related? More than likely.

What would I recommend? Start with the basics, check tire pressure, change the oil, clean out the air filter, replace the fuel filter and use the cruise control.

Did your buddy used to get better mileage and now its dropping, or is this the gas mileage he has always gotton with his Highlander?

Related Content You Might Like: