• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2008 Tacoma with Over 1.2 Million Miles!

Jesus Garcia

While looking through YouTube I came across a Toyota channel called Toyotajeff in Raleigh. I assume some of you may have heard of it given the nature of this forum.

Jeff Teague posted a video interviewing a man who has driven his 2008 Tacoma 4cyl extended cab for over 1.2 Million miles! The owner, Mike, works as a nuclear medicine delivery driver. Mike's job takes him on daily commutes averaging 425 miles, highest being 800 miles in a day, all over North Carolina and Virginia. Nuclear medicine being used for cancer patients who inject it prior to a CAT scan in order to see the process their treatment is taking.

Mike purchased the Tacoma new so he is the original owner. He does all his own oil changes and does it once a month between 7-10k miles. The transmission has been untouched. The engine, however, was replaced at 880k miles due to a blown head gasket. The suspension is original with the Tacoma still using its factory springs and shocks.

Something I learned was that due to the Tacoma's digital odometer it will never clock over from 999,999. That's one drawback with digital, you'll never see it turn over back to zero. Mike keeps track of the mileage using the trip odometer and keeps a manual log for his records.

On the tailgate Mike has a sign that shows the up-to-date mileage and underneath it reads "God Blessed Miles". Which regardless of one's thoughts on the afterlife there is something to be said that for the amount of miles this truck has seen it has never been involved in a fender bender or accident. Something is looking after this little blue truck, besides Mike.

I love seeing super high mileage vehicles. Its endearing and inspirational in a very specific way. Mike said it best, "You gotta have dependable transportation and that's why I got a Tacoma."

Here is the link to the video, its just under 8 minutes long.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's amazing. Seems like not that many trucks will hit over 1 million miles so why bother letting it flip over. Interesting about the tranny being untouched.

Related Content You Might Like: